After months of windowing just to listen to songs from raaga.com, I finally got a Linux alternative. Though it is not a native Linux one, but works never the less.
OK It is not an orignal idea by me, but a borrowed/stolen one. But being a nice thief ( Robinhood), I belive in sharing that idea with all.
Here it goes ::
Some sites like www.raaga.com do not work in spite of having the latest real player and the corresponding firefox plugins, even mplayer plugins do not work. I've tried my best, but there seems to be no way of getting them to work, so I had to use a workaround. Do this only if there are some sites which do not work, otherwise you should be all set.
* Download and install wine. I am using the latest wine using
deb http://wine.sourceforge.net/apt/ binary/
* Run #wine. It will create default directories, etc.
* Copy this file as your wine config file, i.e. save it as ~/.wine/config
* Download the windows installer of firefox and install it by opening it with wine. Start it using wine (You may have to give a command like # wine /home/abhaysahai/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Mozilla\ Firefox/firefox.exe , and install realplayer (windows version) from www.real.com through it. (At the end of installation, real player hangs, but after restarting ( or kill the process associated with real player-- dont know kill, restart) , everything works ok for me).
* Now this installation of firefox should be able to play all sorts of internet radios, etc. (At least, it plays raaga.com and smashits.com for me!)
* If you find a better solution, Please do let me know!
Want the orignal link -- yes it has more, actually much more info
And yes even the sites like hsbc.co.in works with this trick.
How was my version ( did u say coppied or lifted version ?? )