Thread: screen saver temporarily disable possible?

Beans

screen saver temporarily disable possible?

I have a screensaver problem with some full screen apps. I run Miro a lot, and when it is in full screen mode the screensaver still comes on without any mouse movement. The same problem happens when I am playing Xmoto in full screen. Is there a script that will disable the screensaver only when I open a certain app. The goal is to not have to adjust the screensaver settings but not have it come on when I am playing videos in Miro or playing Xmoto.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: screen saver temporarily disable possible?

I know this does not solve your answer just wanted to point out that screensavers doesnt actually increase the lifetime of your screen, they wear it down as much as regular usage, turning them off, saves power and increases lifetime.
    Mythbuster's fact!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by idiotonuni View Post
    I have a screensaver problem with some full screen apps. I run Miro a lot, and when it is in full screen mode the screensaver still comes on without any mouse movement. The same problem happens when I am playing Xmoto in full screen. Is there a script that will disable the screensaver only when I open a certain app. The goal is to not have to adjust the screensaver settings but not have it come on when I am playing videos in Miro or playing Xmoto.
    btw, does Miro has the 2500 channels of hte site http://wwitv.com/ ?
    -
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...l-help-636493/

Beans

Miro doesn't have actual tv channels. It has podcast channels.