Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Fujitsu Lifebook P1510d Touchscreen stopped working in Hardy

Thanks a heap concertedrxn. Your script worked fine on Debian also. But first I had to run sudo apt-get install libxrandr-dev

Edit: Unfortunately after upgrading to lenny it no longer works properly. The touch gets all screwed up after rotating
    Last edited by deadcyclo; August 25th, 2008 at 02:33 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by deadcyclo View Post
    Thanks a heap concertedrxn. Your script worked fine on Debian also. But first I had to run sudo apt-get install libxrandr-dev

Edit: Unfortunately after upgrading to lenny it no longer works properly. The touch gets all screwed up after rotating
    Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I've added the package that your system was missing to my script.

Unfortunately, rotation isn't working right in Ubuntu Hardy Heron either. I'm keeping my eyes open for a solution to the problem, but I haven't seen anything useful yet. Although I took Pascal classes in college many, many years ago, I'm not a programmer and know very little about C. We need the author of the driver or another C programmer to make the changes we need to get rotation working properly again.

In the mean time, if you need touchscreen rotation check out Sam Engstrom's perl script. I posted a link to his web site in an earlier message (#21) in this thread.

Beans

Hey everyone. Here is the update to the concertedrxn script so it would work in Intrepid:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

# Change to /tmp to avoid cluttering the current directory.
    cd /tmp

# Install the packages we need for setting up the serial port and compiling the driver's source code.
    sudo apt-get install -y setserial xserver-xorg-dev x11proto-core-dev x11proto-fonts-dev build-essential pkg-config libxrandr-dev

# Configure the serial port to which the touchscreen is attached.
    sudo setserial /dev/ttyS0 port 0x0220 irq 4 autoconfig

# Set it up so that the serial port will be properly configured at boot time.
    echo -e '/dev/ttyS0 irq 4 port 0x220 autoconfig' | sudo tee /etc/serial.conf

# Download the driver's source code from the web site.
    wget http://www.conan.de/touchscreen/xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5.tar.bz2

# Extract the source code from the file.
    tar -jxf xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5.tar.bz2

# Change to the source code subdirectory.
    cd xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5

# Back up the source code file that we need to edit.
    cp fujitsu.c fujitsu.c.original

# Patch the source code to allow the driver to work in Intrepid.
    sed -i '/xf86AlwaysCore/d' fujitsu.c
    sed -i '/ansic/d' libtouch.c
    sed -i 's/xf86memset/memset/' libtouch.c

# Compile the source code and install the driver. 
    ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && sudo make install

exit 0
    Thanks to Syock from http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=944169 and concertedrxn for the original

EDIT: My xorg.conf had the touchscreen sections commented out by update-manager, so don't forget to follow the original instructions by concertedrxn on the first page. I'm not sure if this script is even different from concertedrxn version, but that's what fixed my problem after Intrepid update.

Hope this helps someone.
    Last edited by CMEPTb; February 20th, 2009 at 04:57 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Does someone have a way of incorporating this into Intrepid, since it uses Hal rather than relying on xorg.conf to configure devices? I've looked at the Hal documentation and I can't figure out how to add support for a serial-based touchscreen.... none of the docs I read tells you how you actually select the device you're trying to create a configuration for (i.e. "I'm adding this mouse device, and its's located at /dev/ttyS0 and...").

As an alternative, can someone post a current, up-to-date xorg.conf file, if they still actually work with Intrepid?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Mocker,

If you post your xorg.conf that you currently have in Intrepid I can give you and up-todate Intrepid xorg.conf with Wacom. I can look at the ones in post #1 and #27. Does your stylus have an eraser? Does it have buttons. If so how many? From the xorg.conf I looked at you don't have touch, correct?

The 10-wacom.fdi file should give you stylus. But it won't give you buttons, eraser or calibration with wacomcpl.

Which version of linuxwacom drivers do you have installed. The default 0.8.1-4 version in Intrepid? Have you installed wacom-tools?

Beans

I cannot get my touchscreen to work with the updated script provided. I am not sure where I am doing something wrong.

When I execute the command:
    Code:
    sh touchscreen.sh
    I get this error in the console:
    Code:
    make  all-am
    make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5'
    if /bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.    -DXINPUT -g -O2 -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1    -g -O2 -MT fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.lo -MD -MP -MF ".deps/fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.Tpo" -c -o fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.lo `test -f 'fujitsu.c' || echo './'`fujitsu.c; \
    	then mv -f ".deps/fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.Tpo" ".deps/fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.Plo"; else rm -f ".deps/fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.Tpo"; exit 1; fi
    mkdir .libs
     gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I. -DXINPUT -g -O2 -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -g -O2 -MT fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.Tpo -c fujitsu.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.o
    fujitsu.c:32:25: error: xf86Version.h: No such file or directory
    fujitsu.c:33:49: error: missing binary operator before token "("
    fujitsu.c:71:25: error: xf86OSmouse.h: No such file or directory
    fujitsu.c:125: warning: 'ModuleInfoRec' is deprecated
    fujitsu.c:140: error: 'XF86_VERSION_CURRENT' undeclared here (not in a function)
    fujitsu.c: In function 'Plug':
    fujitsu.c:156: warning: 'xf86AddModuleInfo' is deprecated (declared at /usr/include/xorg/xf86.h:313)
    fujitsu.c: In function 'DeviceInit':
    fujitsu.c:334: warning: passing argument 3 of 'InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct' makes integer from pointer without a cast
    fujitsu.c:334: error: too many arguments to function 'InitValuatorClassDeviceStruct'
    make[1]: *** [fujitsu_drv_la-fujitsu.lo] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/xf86-input-fujitouch-0.6.5'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Keep in mind that I am a fairly basic linux user running Ubuntu 9.04

Thanks for the help.

Beans

I personally have stopped using the Fujitsu P-Series driver and am now using Sam Engstrom's Perl script, which you can find here: http://samengstrom.com/nxl/3566/p151...n_page.en.html

In order to use the script in Ubuntu, you will need to install several packages first, so open a terminal by going to "Applications-->Accessories-->Terminal" in the upper-left menu and enter or copy/paste the following:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install setserial wacom-tools libxt-dev libxtst-dev
    Then install the X11::GUITest module from CPAN in Perl:

Code:
    sudo perl -MCPAN -e "install('X11::GUITest')"
    Just accept the defaults when prompted by hitting "Enter".

You will need to set up the touchscreen serial device so the Perl driver can work with it.

Code:
    sudo chmod a+rwx /dev/ttyS0
    sudo setserial /dev/ttyS0 irq 4 port 0x220 autoconfig
    And you will want to set it up so that the serial device will continue to work after a reboot:

Code:
    echo -e '/dev/ttyS0 irq 4 port 0x220 autoconfig' | sudo tee -a /etc/serial.conf
    Next, download Sam Engstrom's Perl script and save it somewhere in your executable path. I created a /home/$USER/bin directory and put it there, where "$USER" is your user login name.

Then try it out by pressing ALT-F2 and typing:

Code:
    tablet6.en.pl
    Wait for a few seconds for it to initialize and then touch the screen to see that it works. If it does, you will want to go to "System-->Preferences-->Sessions" in Intrepid Ibex (8.10) or earlier or "System-->Preferences-->Startup Applications" in Jaunty Jackalope (9.04) to add an entry for it to start any time you log in. In the program that opens just click "Add" and make a new entry with the command "tablet6.en.pl" (no quotes).

In Hardy, Sam Engstrom's driver wouldn't survive a suspend/resume cycle, but in Intrepid and Jaunty it does.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

concertedrxn,

Thanks! That worked for me undert Jaunty but I did run into a weird issue... after doing seterial once to set up the serial port, the perl script worked fine. However, from then on, it would die with a "no such device" error for /dev/ttyS0, even after fully shutting down and rebooting the machine.

This seems like a device issue, since after issuing setserial, even doing a "cat < /dev/ttyS0" returned a device not available error. I took the setserial line out of /etc/serial.conf and rebooted, then ran the script... and it worked fine. Not sure if I messed something up somewhere, but if someone else is having the same issue, that's something to try.

But, I have the touchscreen working. Now on to rotation...

Beans

I have a Lifebook P1630 (similar to the P1620) and i tried the script from sam engstrom. it failed, because the P1630 (and the P1620) connect the touchscreen with usb, not serial. the error occurs when calling wacdum /dev/ttyS0 -- error wacomOpenTable - invalid argument.

i think it should be relatively easy to connect the usb touchscreen to an eventNN (NN = 1..9) and then use wacdump /dev/input/eventNN, but i am not certain exactly how.

i got the p1630 working with another method (see my blog)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking but Appendix 1 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1038949 shows how we determine the usb by-path for usb Wacom tablet pc's.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast