Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wireless: Can see networks, but can't connect

Beans

Re: Wireless: Can see networks, but can't connect

Quote Originally Posted by ukripper View Post
    Are you sure that you are able to see available networks through network manager?
    No. As I said (sorry if you didn't understand what I was trying to say), I gave up on ndiswrapper. And at the urging of several people on the IRC chat I've gone for the madwifi drivers. I did a clean install to make sure I wasn't tripping over myself. So as of now, from a clean 8.04 install, all I've done is tried to install madwifi. I can no longer see any APs in the network manager.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Absurdiverse View Post
    No. As I said (sorry if you didn't understand what I was trying to say), I gave up on ndiswrapper. And at the urging of several people on the IRC chat I've gone for the madwifi drivers. I did a clean install to make sure I wasn't tripping over myself. So as of now, from a clean 8.04 install, all I've done is tried to install madwifi. I can no longer see any APs in the network manager.
    Sorry for misunderstanding. Now I can understand why those commands didn't return anything.

Have you tried this guide: http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo
    while installing madwifi drivers?
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

Sorry for misunderstanding. Now I can understand why those commands didn't return anything.

Have you tried this guide: http://madwifi.org/wiki/UserDocs/FirstTimeHowTo
    while installing madwifi drivers?
    Yes, that is the exact guide I followed. I didn't notice any errors, but it doesn't seem to have worked, so perhaps I messed up somewhere.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, that is the exact guide I followed. I didn't notice any errors, but it doesn't seem to have worked, so perhaps I messed up somewhere.
    have you done this step at the end:
    Code:
    modprobe ath_pci
    if not then can you do it now in terminal
    You came empty handed, that is how you shall leave. Whatever you claim as yours today, belonged to someone else yesterday, will be someone else's tomorrow.

Beans

have you done this step at the end:
    Code:
    modprobe ath_pci
    if not then can you do it now in terminal
    Yes, I did that before. I didn't get any apparent errors.
    Oh, and I just noticed if I right click the network manager icon in my notification area that I get a 'Edit Wireless Networks' option. I'm not sure if that relates though.

Beans
    Distro

Yes, I did that before. I didn't get any apparent errors.
    Oh, and I just noticed if I right click the network manager icon in my notification area that I get a 'Edit Wireless Networks' option. I'm not sure if that relates though.
    If you click on that option what happens?

Beans

If you click on that option what happens?
    A window opens up called Wireless Networks, but there are no networks and I can't seem to add one.

Beans
    Distro

A window opens up called Wireless Networks, but there are no networks and I can't seem to add one.
    Can you try once more reinstalling madwifi drivers using the same guide and then we can go from there

Beans

Can you try once more reinstalling madwifi drivers using the same guide and then we can go from there
    Okay. I'm a little iffy on the beginning though. Should I be starting at 'Removing Old Modules'? I sort of skipped the Requirements part because I didn't see anything I needed to do in there.

Beans
    Distro

Okay. I'm a little iffy on the beginning though. Should I be starting at 'Removing Old Modules'? I sort of skipped the Requirements part because I didn't see anything I needed to do in there.
    remove old modules otherwise it won't work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast