Since upgrading to Hardy my gnome-panel applets have been crashing on first startup with the error "Panel encountered a problem with loading OAFIID:GNOME_<applet>"
The applets in question are:
I am given the option to delete or keep them.
Not all my applets crash on startup (some load perfectly every time), and if I kill X with a Ctrl+Alt+BackSp then login again, all the applets restart with no problems.
I have tried all the proposed solutions I could find:
- Deleting pulse-$USER, orbit-$USER, gconf-$USER files from /tmp.
- aptitude reinstall gnome-applets gnome-applets-data (having issued /etc/init.d/gdm stop)
- Reinstalling each of the individual applets using aptitude.
- Removing python2.4 and aptitude reinstall-ing python2.5.
- Deleting the applets when queried and then manually adding and configuring them again.
Despite all of these attempts, the same applets always crash on startup.
Anyone got any other ideas?