Thread: Proxy Server Setup

Beans

Post Proxy Server Setup

Hello guys.
    Please help, how can I do these things below?

1.) I want to setup a proxy server on my web server so that I can filter what my siblings and guests do online(Sites/IM they visit). I want to be able to redirect anything I don't want them to access to my proxy server and then resolve their request if successful or I don't want them to access the site.

Is there anyway I can accomplish this? How will accomplish it?

2.) One of my clients informed me about his employees misbehaviors in accessing bad/good sites. I want my same web server to serve as a proxy server where by I will redirect all employees access from his server to my proxy server then give them result.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Proxy Server Setup

Here is a quick guide on Squid Proxy Server and DansGuardian Filter

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=320733

All you need to do is add IP tables to make your proxy transparent or make a change in their browser and youre good to go.

Beans

Thanks Bmathis.

I've been reading your tutorial since morning at work and going through other things.
    There is one thing I didn't mention in my post; I have a Linksys router. and in your tutorial and another another squid tutorial I found which is basically like yours didn't cover anything like "if there is a linksys".

Please help.

Beans

Is there any way I can keep track of the client IP address that request anything over my proxy server using the access.log?

Beans

I was able to figure that out. thanks.