Thread: still can't get nVidia GeForce 6100 installed

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

still can't get nVidia GeForce 6100 installed

I have a eMachines T6216 AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor and a nVidia GeForce 6100 integrated video card. I have never been able to get the display to change resolution. I have followed the suggestions in the sticky posts with no success. I just reloaded my system with Ubuntu-Server 8.04.1 LTS (Hardy Heron) and tried the suggestions again. There is no Restricted Drivers Manager in Administration and no drivers listed under Hardware Drivers. I ran Envy and it looked like it was successful but I still only have 2 resolution options.

I have tried "sudo nvidia-glx-config enable" and "sudo nvidia-xconfig --no-composite" with no success.

I installed the nVidia X Server Settings panel and it tells me that I don't have the nVidia X driver installed and to run `nvidia-xconfig` as root. When I do that I get "VALIDATION ERROR: Data incomplete in file /etc/X11/xorg.conf. Device section "Configured Video Device" must have a Driver line."

I welcome any new suggestion

Jason

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: still can't get nVidia GeForce 6100 installed

I am still looking for help/advice

Jason

Beans

Same problem with Geforce 6100 card. Have tried Envyng, re-installing the os and all the other ideas given in the net, i could come across. Not able to increase the resolution beyond 800X600. Can i add another graphics card like Nvidia 8400? If nobody has had trouble with this specific card, i can risk spending for this card. If anybody was able to get over the Geforce 6100 resolution problem, kindly help and i will be grateful.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr