opengl issues on quadro
I just installed ubuntu desktop 8.04 on a dell precision m65 laptop.
OpenGL applications do not seem to be working properly. The test program glxgears does not show many of the polygons. A screenshot is attached.
Also, my own applications are not working properly. The same issue: everything executes as normal, but the display seems to be missing many of the polygons that should be drawn.
I tried using the nvidia drivers from synaptic and downloading straight from nVidia's website. Same problem with both.
The specs for my system are:
* Processor: Intel Yonah Core Duo T2400 (1.83GHz/2MB L2 Cache)
* OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional
* Hard Drive: 80 GB SATA @ 5400RPM
* Screen: 15.4" WSXGA Widescreen (1680x1050)
* Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro FX 350M 512 MB TurboCache (256+256) OpenGL
* RAM: 2 GB DDR2 SDRAM @667 MHz (2 x 1GB)
* Optical Drive: 8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/Double Layer Support
* Battery: 6-cell lithium ion
* Wireless: Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 802.11 b/g Mini Card (54 Mbps)
* Weight: 6.2 lbs
* Dimensions: 1.4" (H) x 14.2 " (W) x 10.3" (D)
* Ports/Slots: 1 IEEE 1394 (FireWire), 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB 2.0), VGA monitor out, RJ-45 Ethernet LAN, RJ-11 modem, 9-pin Serial, 1 Type II PC Card, ExpressCard 54mm, smart card, headphone/speaker jack, microphone connector, docking connector