Re: Ubuntu doesn't boot after install

Use this in menu.lst:

title Dell Utility
    root (hd1,0)
    map (hd0) (hd1)
    map (hd1) (hd0)
    chainloader +1

But I'm not sure that it will work.
    Last edited by meierfra.; June 18th, 2008 at 12:52 PM.

Beans

I don't know what happened. Everything was working fine, but now when I try to boot into Windows XP (the new one on (hd0,0)) it starts bootong and then reboots. Next time I try to boot into it it says that an error was encountered starting windows last time and asks if I want to start in safe mode. Could this have anything to do with the fact that I installed Wine in Ubuntu and temporarily configured it to use that partition as the C drive? I un-installed wine now in case that had something to do with it, but I don't expect this to help. Now how do I diagnose this problem (the same thing happened trying to boot in safe mode... a few lines of log and then it reboots to Grub).

I tried rebooting again and it looks like the last line that was displayed in safe mode before rebooting had something to do with agp440.sys (it was only there for half a second so I couldn't see it very well)
    Last edited by BlueMonkMN; June 18th, 2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Additional paragraph appended.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Sorry, I know nothing about that. I suggest to start a new thread .

P.S. I just edited my post on the "Dell Utility" partition. I must have been sleeping, when I wrote that 2 weeks ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12