Kubuntu Shutdown Black Screen hang ATI SOLVED
BINGO!!! ATI VIDEO CARD + KUBUNTU = SHUTDOWN HANG!!!
I just spent all bloody weekend looking for this problem, and Found it!!
1) BACKUP the /etc/ati/authatieventsd.sh file:
sudo cp /etc/ati/authatieventsd.sh /etc/ati/authatieventsd.sh.old
2) EDIT the /etc/ati/authatieventsd.sh file
sudo (use_your_favorite_editor_command) /etc/ati/authatieventsd.sh
3) FIND the entry that reads:
4) REPLACE this line with:
5) because the above command only works After the system is restarted once, shut down your computer safely with:
sudo shutdown -r now
6) Start your computer up, test that the above edit worked by clicking Shutdown from KDE.
It sure worked on My Girlfriends computer (Gateway MA3 widescreen laptop with ATI Radeon Xpress 200M just installed with 8.04 Hardy), I hope it works for other people!!!
Last edited by stego_s_aurus; May 26th, 2008 at 10:24 PM.