Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: "Desktop Effects & Customization" lacks moderation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: "Desktop Effects & Customization" lacks moderation

Both of you need to get into #ubuntuforums - that's where the action is.

On topic - that FAQ in Desktop Effects & Customization is working pretty well; already got a few responses. Thanks to those who have contributed so far!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Might have to swing by to see if there's any interesting discussion...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by p_quarles View Post
    Yeah, the "Note" in the report post dialogue seems to have lost an important part during the recent software upgrade. In any case, reports should be used for anything that needs staff attention, including the things you mentioned.
    I was also a bit confused by the note in the report-post dialog and have not reported posts because it seemed so restrictive. Thanks for clearing this up!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by noynac View Post
    I was also a bit confused by the note in the report-post dialog and have not reported posts because it seemed so restrictive. Thanks for clearing this up!
    We've asked the note be modified and suggested several wordings. Wait and see
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sorry, I just found out the discussion continued but I haven't got my e-mail notification about it...

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    Remember, mods are regular forum members asked to assist in the forum. We don't typically change our forum habits when we become mods. I follow (almost) a similar browsing pattern from before I was a mod. This pattern doesn't include many forums including Desktop Effects and Customization and many others. The only time I go into forums I don't normally browse is following a report. All the other mods do this as well. If a mod doesn't normally go to such forums, they won't see it (except in the rare case of an obviously spam title popping up on the last posts link on the homepage)
    Like cyberdork33 already pointed out (thanks for that!) -- this is exactly my point.
    Given the number of reports we get, many users do know. I can assure you, reports are constant. I just checked the last batch of reports (I read every single one so I see news ones immediately), when I finish this post, there will be another most likely (and this is a quiet time of the forum)
    Alright, didn't know that obviously.
    But I would be really surprised if many of those would be coming from the "Desktop Effects..." section, because there are (still) many obvious issues like huge screenshots.

But you got me convinced. I will report them from now on.
    Before I was modified, the PT had no frequent moderator and some of its frequent posters/readers were a bit unhappy because of this. The creation of stickies was a little slow, the defusing of the potentially flamey threads was not done early (until it had blown up).
    That's exactly what I'd like to see for that subforum too (although the amount of flames is very limited there).
    Quote Originally Posted by p_quarles View Post
    For those offended by the tone of my first post in this thread, think about it this way: forlong said the section lacked moderation. I responded by saying that it lacked reports.
    That's only true if you didn't read more than the headline.
    And you never said it lacked reports, but you told me to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Archnix View Post
    I brought the popcorn.
    Thanks but no thanks.

You brought the salty one and over here we like our popcorn sugary sweet (I know, I know...)

Beans

One thing I hate about large screenshots/images is that when they are reported, a copy of the post is in the report (along with the report itself, and a link to it, etc). There is no way to remove the img from the report...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234