Thread: [SOLVED] Where is SuperKaramba?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Cool [SOLVED] Where is SuperKaramba?

I've been reading lots about SuperKaramba and want to try it out. I go to Adept Package Manager to install it, and it's already installed (checked). Still, I can't find it anywhere. I've even tried running it via Run / superkaramba but nothing happens (well, actually, it tries to load a website with the url of http://superkaramba, but that bombs out of course).

I'm wanting to check out the widgety goodness that I read about, but so far no luck.

Note that I've unchecked (uninstalled it) and rechecked (reinstalled it), just to be sure, and still...big nothingness.

(running regular Kubuntu, not the new 4.0 kde if that matters)
    You'll never shine if you don't glow

Beans

Re: Where is SuperKaramba?

SuperKaramba is just a tool to allow widgets to work on your desktop. It doesn't do anything by itself - you have to download the widgets that you want to use.

You'll find a wide selection of Karamba widgets on KDE-Look.org - check here: http://www.kde-look.org/?xcontentmode=38.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you. I guess I was expecting some sort of front end (kind of like a package manager) that showed different widgets to choose from. Thanks for the link. Will check that out instead.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, after reading how to install a superkaramba theme, I realized that it said to "run superkaramba" which obviously has been my problem all along in not being able to do so. So...I opened up a terminal and typed superkaramba there and lo and behold, it said it wasn't installed (despite the fact that adept said it was). So I followed the instructions in terminal to install it via the command line, and there it is - right there in my kmenu. All is good now. (Lesson learned: adept may lie about what is installed).