Thread: error during installation

Beans

error during installation

hi, after booting from the live cd, i click on install and heres what comes up...

[ xx.xxxxxx]ACPI:EC:acpi_ec_wait timeout, statuus=0,expect_event=1
    [ xx.xxxxxx]ACPI:ECread timeout.command=128

I'm trying to dual boot vista/ubuntu. thanks.

Beans

Re: error during installation

Quote Originally Posted by Jkt610 View Post
    hi, after booting from the live cd, i click on install and heres what comes up...

[ xx.xxxxxx]ACPI:EC:acpi_ec_wait timeout, statuus=0,expect_event=1
    [ xx.xxxxxx]ACPI:ECread timeout.command=128

I'm trying to dual boot vista/ubuntu. thanks.
    Try hitting F6 on LiveCD boot and insert the acpi=off kernel parameter
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

Thanks that solved it but I also have another problem now. I was trying to partition my drive using vista's partitioning tool. When I tried to shrink volume, it said I could only partition the drive by about 8 gigs when my drive has about 50 gb left. Why is it doing this? i tried defraging the drive once but that didn't do anything.

Beans

Thanks that solved it but I also have another problem now. I was trying to partition my drive using vista's partitioning tool. When I tried to shrink volume, it said I could only partition the drive by about 8 gigs when my drive has about 50 gb left. Why is it doing this? i tried defraging the drive once but that didn't do anything.
    Better use GParted to shrink vi$ta's partition for you.

Note: Defrag your vi$ta partition first before Gpart'ing.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

I've seen this trick before but that problem is that I don't have a Vista installation cd/dvd at the moment which the guide you linked to above says you need to have. Is there an alternative way to partition my drive or is this the only way?
    Last edited by Jkt610; May 26th, 2008 at 08:34 AM.

Beans

I've seen this trick before but that problem is that I don't have a Vista installation cd/dvd at the moment. Is there an alternative way to partition my drive or is this the only way?
    To partition you're drive, you could always use the Partition Manager that comes along with your Ubuntu LiveCD. That's the best there is.

Beans

Ok I will try this tommorrow. Thanks for all ur help.