Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker Issue SOLVED

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: SOLVED Headphone & Speaker Issue SOLVED

i have 8.04. so that's not really the problem for me.

Beans

I have two big problem unresolved with ubuntu 8.10 that is: loud speaker unmuted when mic jack plugin AND unable to connect to WPA wireless network! It keeps bumping asking for the paraphase and sometimes OO spreadsheet crash when openning Microsh!t Excel.. that's why I have to co-exist with Bill.

Beans

Solved on my asus F3E -> lenovo

Beans

I have dell studio xps 13:
    "head -n 1 /proc/asound/card0/codec*" gives me
    ==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 <==
    Codec: IDT 92HD73C1X5

==> /proc/asound/card0/codec#3 <==
    Codec: Nvidia MCP7A HDMI

So I set the model=dell-m6 as someone did for his Studio XPS 16 laptop, but it doesnt work for me yet. I still get sound from both speakers and headphones.

Has anyone had luck with Studio XPS 13 and this problem!?

Beans

Ok I solved this problem in my F10 install by compiling the latest alsa-driver from git and using model=dell-m6 . Will try it on Ubuntu later, it should work afaik.

Beans

I have the headphone sense problem on my new computer, which has a VIA VT1708B codec. When I read that people were using module-loading options to fix this problem I checked the kernel source and docs to see what was going on. I found some things.

TL;DR version: if you can't get headphone sense working and you have a VIA chip, or some other that nobody's reported as working in Ubuntu, headphone sense for your chip may not be supported in Ubuntu's kernel, or in Ubuntu's alsa-sources, yet. It may be supported in a more recent version, though!

First, the "model" option for snd-hda-intel only works for models within the codec you have (which you can find by grep -i codec /proc/asound/cardN/codec#*, where N is ALSA's index for your card, which is usually 0; you can use * for N to see all the codecs for all the cards). So when you look at the list of models don't choose one that's not under your codec, it won't do anything.

Second, Ubuntu's kernel, as of 8.10, is 2.6.27, which doesn't yet support headphone jack sense for VIA chips. This support should be in kernels 2.6.28 and later. Ubuntu's version of alsa-source (1.0.17) appears to be even older. I don't really know much about git, though (it looks like development for all but new drivers happens in the kernel tree, but I don't know which kernel version corresponds to which ALSA version), so I downloaded the package, and support isn't in there.

Beans

oops, double-posted (caused by browser forward-button navigation)... i am new to this, is there a way to delete?
    Last edited by aldimond; March 24th, 2009 at 04:14 PM. Reason: aaaaaaahdeleteme

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Pedhead View Post

EDIT:: OK THE WINDOW HAS TEXT IN IT, ITS JUST HIDDEN! THANKS!!
    how do you make it show the hidden text?

Beans

-Deleted by User-

Beans

Thx worked a treat

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast