Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing the release of FutureLooks 2!

Beans

Re: Announcing the release of FutureLooks 2!

really nice themes (variations). especially emerald ones.

after a while heres what I came up with.

PS: is it possible to get top panel bar like the one you've in this picture?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Truedream View Post
    really nice themes (variations). especially emerald ones.

after a while heres what I came up with.

PS: is it possible to get top panel bar like the one you've in this picture?

If you change the shadow settings, you'll be able to make it looks seamless.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Arlanthir View Post
    This almost demands a GUI with previews, and more sets of icons and such..
    Pity I don't have the time OR the skills to do that
    Would like to see it, nonetheless...

Well, will download v2 and give it a try

Edit: Hmm.. The Aurora .deb doesn't seem to do much for me and the Dark emerald theme is kinda... not dark O.o
    I like the smaller borders though The GDM is also pretty nice, but maybe it would work better for me with a different background. Will mess around with it when I get the chance =) The blue background is definitely better for me than the nature ones Now for a logout and see if something pops up right'er.

Edit2: Nop, still in the dark. Metaphorically speaking (as in, no dark theme).
    That's odd. So the dark theme looks nothing like the screenshot in the OP? Big error

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I believe the problem is the .deb doesn't install any gtk themes, just have a look at the "installed files" after you install it

As for the .emerald, it seems the same as the glow for me, maybe a little thicker on the window borders O.o

Other than that, everything is working

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by fickenbaisage View Post
    1) I like the Glow theme, there are so many emerald themes to choose from but this one stands out definitely. Mazza, can you make a glowing light blue one with more transparency?

3) Personally I feel that the icon theme isn't good enough, icons for many applications look quite normal at best. The icons for folders are nicely done though. If you have the time maybe you should compile your own icon theme?

Keep up the good work!
    I am loving the Glow and Murrina themes, can't make up my mind on which to choose. The Human theme is a good idea to silence the critics saying this deviates from Ubuntu standards and goes toward Vista-ish.

As for the icons, I think other themes could be used but something distinctive and that fits the overall theme.

GREAT WORK

Beans
    Distro

Also, the login screen is a good start but it should have a neutral background for those of us that don't use nature/vegetation for the wallpapers.

Beans

You can actually edit the background for the login screen yourself. Extract the tar.gz file, delete "background.jpg", add your own wallpaper into the folder and rename it to "background.jpg". Then right click on the folder itself and click "add to archive". Now you can add this new login screen with your background to it.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza558 View Post
    You can actually edit the background for the login screen yourself. Extract the tar.gz file, delete "background.jpg", add your own wallpaper into the folder and rename it to "background.jpg". Then right click on the folder itself and click "add to archive". Now you can add this new login screen with your background to it.
    Great

Beans

A couple things, FutureHuman goes good with HumanClearlooks, not just Human and HumanMurrine. Also, the inner titlebar blend should be the same as the inner frame blend, but it wasn't (this makes it not blend as well). I fixed this by copying the inner titlebar blend color to the frame blend color. One more thing, for your emerald instructions, I recommend you tell them to use fusion-icon (included in hardy's repos), as well as to use apt-get (I find there is no use for aptitude anymore, really). Just add fusion icon to the start up options, and it will work.

EDIT: May also want to include a license file in it, so that it is clear everything is under the GPL or related licenses.
    EDIT2: You need to get permission from the authors to distribute wallpapers from interfacelift. Those wallpapers are usually copyrighted there, not under the GPL.
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans

how to get the Black Emerald Theme to work ???
    i install it, and it stays white...

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast