Thread: Hibernation Error.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hibernation Error.

Greetings. I have a thinkpad t61 running Hardy Heron 8.04 and I can't get my hibernation to work correctly.

i realize i'm still a "newb" but so far i've been able to find solutions to all my problems.

what happens is when i select the hibernate option (either by hot key or going into the power options) it seems to go into hibernation but when i try to take it out by pressing keys and nothing happens or pushing the power, an automatic restart.

the problem is that the screen is shifted in the boot menu with a nasty haze of green and red (i think) pixels... force power done and restart and it works fine.

i've seen that an NVIDIA 173.08 (whatever that is) fixed this problem but it's for x86. which i don't have.

so i'm lost ...truth be told, there might not even be a way to fix it at this point... but there's no use asking

Re: Hibernation Error.

I can't seem to get hibernate work on my Thinkpad T61p either. In fact, hibernate has never been working for me on my T61p and my old T60 under Ubuntu since 6.10.
    I went to the nvidia forum looking for help, but was often told that because Ubuntu did something "non-standard", it is difficult for them to solve the problem, and of course Ubuntu can't solve the hibernate problem by itself if the property driver is installed.
    Visit my homepage at MyRicci.com