Thread: [SOLVED] No Sound in Flash Plugin

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

[SOLVED] No Sound in Flash Plugin

I am running Ubuntu 8.04 and I cannot get sound in any embedded Flash in Firefox whatsoever. I've tried Firefox 3 Beta 5 and Firefox 2, but it doesn't work in either. Sound works with the rest of my system (even things like other videos in Firefox), but Flash does not. I tried reinstalling Flash, but to no avail. Gnash doesn't suit my needs yet, otherwise I would use it.

Help please?
    Want a quality CD ripping program for Ubuntu? Check out my how-to: Installing Rubyripper on Ubuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: No Sound in Flash Plugin

Install libflashsupport with:-
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libflashsupport
    That should help, but there is one drawback, and that is that Firefox is most likely to crash while playing Flash. To completely fix this you can install Flash Player 10 beta which fixes the sound issue.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans

thank u for the answer. will i still need the libflashsupport after beta flashplayer 10 installed?
    direct link to flash player 10
    http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by huczek View Post
    thank u for the answer. will i still need the libflashsupport after beta flashplayer 10 installed?
    direct link to flash player 10
    http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html
    No, in fact, flashpluginsupport will cause more problems for Flash 10 than solve them, remove both flashpluginsupport and any previous installation of Flash before installing Flash 10.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by PmDematagoda View Post
    To completely fix this you can install Flash Player 10 beta which fixes the sound issue.
    That did the trick! Wasn't hard at all to install, either!

Thank you!
    Want a quality CD ripping program for Ubuntu? Check out my how-to: Installing Rubyripper on Ubuntu!