Thread: Open Office menu fonts badly messed up

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Open Office menu fonts badly messed up

I am back! I know, no one has noticed that I was gone, because I was never that active, but I left Ubuntu for nearly a year, and now, with the release of Hardy Heron, I am back in the OS, and I have missed it. It's nice to be back. It makes me happy, so I wanted to take a moment to celebrate that.

Now to my problem:

I downloaded the font package ttf-liberation via Synaptic, since I felt the default fonts in Heron were painfully ugly. After I did that, the default menu font in my Open Office Writer went bananas. Haywire. Nuts. Crazy.

I have attached a screen capture of what they look like.

I went back into Synaptic and did a complete removal of hte font package, thinking that is what caused it, but of course Open Office remains messed up.

I write a lot. Some of it is for money and has deadlines. Not being able to use my laptop is not a disaster as long as my desktop computer is up and running, but I am used to wrting on the laptop and I prefer doing it, so while not a disaster, it is a bit painful and inconvenient. Help would be greatly appreciated!

TYI,
    Mimsy
    Attached Images Attached Images
    February 2010: Back after two years of Ubuntu hiatus!
    I'm practically starting over, and trying to catch up. Please be patient with me.

Java server of choice: Large French Press

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Open Office menu fonts badly messed up

This may help you solve the problem:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=693134

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thank you! I couldn't find anything when I searched the forums for my problem. I'll try the suggestions in that thread later today, when I am not on my way out...

Thanks again!
    I'm practically starting over, and trying to catch up. Please be patient with me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I had completely forgotten I had this problem, then I found the thread when I was searching for other stuff today

Anyways.

I just wanted to post, in case others have the same problem I did, that when I followed Hagar's suggestion in the thread angelsguitar linked to, and went to System Preferences and changed the fonts used for applications, my Open Office fonts all went back to normal.