Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Continual problems with errors from Ubuntu CDs

Beans

Re: I give up

so then did it fail when trying to partition your drive?
    or did you already have that successfully done?

how far does the install get before it fails? when it fails what happens? (aside from it messing up your windows install that is...)
    how do you know that it deleted the profiles? can you still get to your windows splash screen?

just give us an over abundance of info.. i'm sure someone will be able to figure out whats up.

Beans

I have two partitions Windows/DreamLinux. I simply replaced Dreamlinux with Ubuntu because Ubuntu WIFI works great (on it now with live session). It' was two weeks ago that I tried to install then about half way through I got the failed due to disk error message but by then it had removed Dreamlinux, Grub and part of Windows. Windows would laod all the way to the login splash sceen (same in Safe Mode) and the sreen would be blank with no way to log in nor could I reboot Ctrl/alt/del, so I had to reinstall Windows. I then checked my burns and all three had errors and now the one I ordered from Ubunto has one too but I'm afraid to install it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I know this sounds silly, but did you have the install disc do a "self check" before you ran it as a live session? I recall seeing that as an option on the iso I burned. It's at least reassuring to know that the disc will check itself before you try to run/install it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Are you using a re-writable disk?.if so do a full blanking(10 minutes).Then burn the image at a slow speed(10x).Then check for errors on the CD.
    Linux User# 462909

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12