Thread: [SOLVED] Icons gone from top panel

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

[SOLVED] Icons gone from top panel

This may have something I screwed up, but who knows? I noticed recently that two icons disappeared from the top panel: the Connection Properties icon, and the wireless signal strength icon. In addition, the "updates notification" icon no longer appears, yet when I check the Update Manager, there are updates to be downloaded. I was able to get the Connection Properties one back by Adding to Panel. How do I get the others back?

Beans

Re: Icons gone from top panel

Quote Originally Posted by rbc View Post
    This may have something I screwed up, but who knows? I noticed recently that two icons disappeared from the top panel: the Connection Properties icon, and the wireless signal strength icon. In addition, the "updates notification" icon no longer appears, yet when I check the Update Manager, there are updates to be downloaded. I was able to get the Connection Properties one back by Adding to Panel. How do I get the others back?
    Just right-click on the panel and select "Add to Panel". From there, you could add icons you like to be displayed.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: [SOLVED] Icons gone from top panel

Yeah, I tried that. That is how I got the Connection Properties icon back. Unless I missed something. I saw no Signal strength icon in that group. In any case, I rebooted after receiving updates, and the signal strength icon is back. I assume the notification one will do the same. Thanks for the tip