Thread: How do you make your own customized stacks?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

How do you make your own customized stacks?

Hey. Just installed Ubuntu 8.04 LTS and updated everything and updated Pidgin to 2.4.2 (from GetDeb.net). Anyway, I got a neat version of AWN installed that includes the "stacks" applet, but I don't know how to make my own stacks. Here's what I want to do. I want to make the following stacks:

Video (with clickable icons that link to Veoh, Hulu, YouTube, Daily Motion, etc.)

Audio (with clickable icons that link to Shoutcast, etc.)

News (with clickable icons that link to ABC News, CNN, alternative news sites, etc.)

Favorite Apps (Firefox, Thunderbird. GIMP, Pidgin, Rhythmbox, VLC, etc.)

Any tips? Ubuntu 8.04 is great so far, and I've loved Ubuntu ever since version 6.06 came out.

Beans

Re: How do you make your own customized stacks?

Ok, first add the stacks applet 4 times, ie so you have four stacks.
    Then, right click each one, go to appearance, and change the GUI to the "curved GUI" for each one and also change the name of eahc stack to "Videos" etc. Now in some obscure directory (NOT YOUR DESKTOP) make links to the websites and apps you want in each of your stacks (don't forget to add icons ). When you have finished that, just drag each of the links into the stacks and viola there you go!
    NOTE!!!: DO NOT DELETE THOSE .desktop FILES! IF YOU DELETE THOSE THEY WILL BE DELETED FROM YOUR STACKS

Have fun!

TIP: When making the shortcuts / links / .desktop files try just dragging the icons from the panel menu