Thread: cups-pdf custom page sizes

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

cups-pdf custom page sizes

Howdy,

Cups-pdf has an option for "custom" under page sizes, but then there is no option to set your custom page size. How do I do this?

I am asking because I have the following issue:

I use a GIS program called gvSIG. It has an export to PDF function, but when viewed in Adobe Reader on all operating systems the PDF it produces is VERY GREEN. It looks fine in almost anything else. So, what I have been doing, is pull that PDF into GIMP and re-print the PDF through the PDF printer and that works fine.

Now, however, I have a graphic that is poster-sized (24 inches x 48 inches). I can set that as the print size in GIMP, but GIMP never communicates the correct page size to the PDF printer, so I have to tell the PDF printer as well what size to use. Therein lies my problem... no option in CUPS to set the page size in Custom.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: cups-pdf custom page sizes

BUMP... someone must know the answer...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Bucks View Post
    Howdy, Cups-pdf has an option for "custom" under page sizes, but then there is no option to set your custom page size. How do I do this?...
    I believe the cups-pdf custom-page-size setting utilizes the paper size of the source document. For example, I created a document with gedit and set the paper size at 5 by 2 inches using page setup. I then printed this using cups-pdf with paper size set at custom. Finally, I opened the resulting PDF document in Evince and checked the paper size--it was 5 by 2 inches. I did this a second time with a gedit paper size set at 5 by 3 inches, and the PDF was 5 by 3 inches.
    Last edited by noynac; May 23rd, 2008 at 06:17 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

That is what I figured the behavior to be, but it wasn't accepting the custom page size from GIMP. I just tried it from Document Viewer and it worked fine.