Thread: Screen Resolution (user error)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Screen Resolution (user error)

Ok, so, I updated my computer from Gutsy Gibbon 64-bit to Hardy Heron 64-bit. As you know, when you update, the old kernel still exists and is bootable. I decided I wanted to go back to using Gutsy Gibbon as I had found i preferred that one over Hardy Heron. Anyways, I went into the restricted drivers and enabled the Nvidia drivers in Gutsy, and pretty much I now have terrible screen resolution in Gutsy AND Hardy... what do I do?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Screen Resolution (user error)

It might be that your xorg.conf was modified, or replaced, and the resolutions you want aren't listed anymore. Are you not able to change your resolution in the settings to something you want (you didn't mention trying)? There's a lot of info related to this particular possible problem here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83973

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Screen Resolution (user error)

Quote Originally Posted by gfixler View Post
    It might be that your xorg.conf was modified, or replaced, and the resolutions you want aren't listed anymore. Are you not able to change your resolution in the settings to something you want (you didn't mention trying)? There's a lot of info related to this particular possible problem here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83973
    oh, yeah, i did forget to mention the part about screen resolution, didn't I? yeah, only low-res options are appearing in the screen res option. i'll take a look at that thread and see if it helps.