Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: where is the wireless password on xp?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Beans
    366
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    where is the wireless password on xp?

    Hey guys!

    I'm at my friend, trying to access wireless network, he doesn't know thhe password, and I can't copy it from the network properties.

    I would like to get some help, for me to connect to this network.
    Never used wireless on ubuntu before.

    thanx!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Beans
    1,674
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    heh, the password is on his router, though it won't give it to you

    unless he can remember it or has it written down somewhere, then no go, and the only other option is to log in to his router and change the password

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge MA
    Beans
    1,163
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    I'm not exactly how to get the password, try reading these two links:
    http://www.passcape.com/wireless_keys_screenshots.htm
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forum...-registry.html

    They might help you out.
    Allons-y Alonzo! - The Dr.
    Is that what Time Lords do? Lop a bit off, and grow another one. You're like worms! - Donna Noble
    The world is a mess... and I just need to... Rule it. - Dr. Horrible

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cambridge MA
    Beans
    1,163
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    Quote Originally Posted by shifty_powers View Post
    heh, the password is on his router, though it won't give it to you

    unless he can remember it or has it written down somewhere, then no go, and the only other option is to log in to his router and change the password
    So actually the password is stored on the computer, every time the computer tries to connect to the router it must transmit the password/encryption key .
    Allons-y Alonzo! - The Dr.
    Is that what Time Lords do? Lop a bit off, and grow another one. You're like worms! - Donna Noble
    The world is a mess... and I just need to... Rule it. - Dr. Horrible

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Beans
    366
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    Damn, this is realy stupid!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Beans
    795
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    Is this what you are looking for: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

    I have used it on some occasions, works fine!
    Open mind, open source!
    Keep control of computer usage with timekpr
    Screensaver for Amarok? AmarokScreenSaver
    My (Norwegian) blog about motorcycles and MotoGP

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Beans
    366
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    Quote Originally Posted by .nedberg View Post
    Is this what you are looking for: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wireless_key.html

    I have used it on some occasions, works fine!

    It doestn work.
    I stopped trying.
    Tanx anyway

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Beans
    810

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    The password is on the router. connect to the router's interface using a web browser and it should have 4 hex keys that are the passwords. you only need the one that is being used. the router page will indicate which key it is using.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Beans
    4,917
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

    Re: where is the wireless password on xp?

    Quote Originally Posted by duruttye View Post
    Hey guys!

    I'm at my friend, trying to access wireless network, he doesn't know thhe password, and I can't copy it from the network properties.

    I would like to get some help, for me to connect to this network.
    Never used wireless on ubuntu before.

    thanx!
    What type of encryption is he running? WEP, WPA, WPA2? Login to the wireless router and look under the wireless security section.
    Windows XP - Excellent computer virus detector.
    Windows Vista - Most bloat for the money.

    Visit my Ubuntu Resource Website http://www.stchman.com

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •