Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: General MoBlock thread

Beans

Re: General MoBlock thread

Hey!

I've a problem with moblock: it worked quiet good for a while till i installed it inside a vm. the vm is connected to the network over NAT.

The Problem now is: DNS Resolution is broken, when i activate moblock it stops working, when i stop it it works again...

i tried to reconfigure it with dpkg-reconfigure moblock, but nothing happens?

The moblock-config status:

Code:
    alm@defiant:~$ sudo moblock-control status
    Current iptables rules (this may take awhile):

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 551K packets, 179M bytes)
     pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
        0     0 moblock_in  all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW MARK match !0x14

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 0 packets, 0 bytes)
        0     0 moblock_fw  all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW MARK match !0x14

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 909K packets, 1154M bytes)
        3   180 moblock_out  all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           state NEW MARK match !0x14

Chain moblock_fw (1 references)
        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           MARK match 0xa
        0     0 NFQUEUE    all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           NFQUEUE num 92

Chain moblock_in (1 references)
        0     0 DROP       all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           MARK match 0xa
        0     0 NFQUEUE    all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           NFQUEUE num 92

Chain moblock_out (1 references)
        0     0 REJECT     all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           MARK match 0xa reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
        0     0 RETURN     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:443
        0     0 RETURN     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:80
        3   180 NFQUEUE    all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           NFQUEUE num 92
    i did not whitelist lan traffic, but this wasn't a problem in the previous installation...

I'd really appreciate the help,
    semteX

Beans

Do a "tail -f /var/log/moblock.log" to follow live the logfile. Then you see which IPs get blocked and therefore cause your problems. whitelist them or add them to your allow.p2p.

I'm quite sure that this is a problem with a blocked LAN.
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

thanks, will try this in a sec...

what's the command to rerun the moblock config menu? i thought it was dpkg-reconfigure but I was quiet wrong with that guess...

add: whitelisted the whole LAN, works like a charm, thanks!
    Last edited by semteXKG; October 6th, 2008 at 07:48 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by semteXKG View Post
    what's the command to rerun the moblock config menu? i thought it was dpkg-reconfigure but I was quiet wrong with that guess...
    I've split the packages: moblock (the daemon from moblock.berlios.de) and moblock-control (everything else), so it is:
    Code:
    dpkg-reconfigure moblock-control
    Glad to hear it's working now!
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

Hi,
    I couldn't find any post for the problem I am facing.
    Everytime I run the update manager it downloads few moblock files but update does happen. I am getting the following error message: "Could not dowload all repository indexes" and the following description of the problem:
    "GPG error: http://moblock-deb.sourceforge.net hardy Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY CB53C4079072870BFailed to fetch http://blognux.free.fr/debian/dists/...86/Packages.gz 404 Not Found
    Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead."
    As I am not a Lnux would anyone knows hot to get it fixed? I would really appreciate if the explanation is in a "for Dummies" way.

Thanks a lot!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

@jre

Do you know any script to merge IP ranges?

I already have a nice script that download lists from several sources, extract compressed files and cat them into a few different lists, but there is one list that I need to merge, because it's not working on Deluge's blocklist plugin with just appended ranges.

I know moblock can download, extract and "cat" the ranges, but I'm using a different approach with it. I've created different compilation lists that I use depending on what I'm doing and if there are ports open or not. For example, if I'm just browsing the web I use my custom "web browsing" list which is more forgiven. If I'm using p2p and thus have a port open I use a more restrictive list, the same goes for games and other stuff. This way, is very easy to enable/disable a single list on mobloquer instead of several lists each time my activity requires a different level of protection. So I have like 4 lists with different levels of protection in mobloquer's blocklist sources.

The way I'm doing I can update all lists, including those not supported by moblock, and "cat" them with a single command. Would be nice if I could merge them, so I don't have to open TinyBLM on Wine to do this (this command-line thing is making me a little bit lazy these days )

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by GPizza View Post
    "GPG error: http://moblock-deb.sourceforge.net hardy
    Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available:
    NO_PUBKEY CB53C4079072870B
    This is just a warning, but not an error. You get all needed files of moblock-deb.sourceforge.net - but you can't verify them (so you can't be sure if you really get my packages or if someone bad is faking them). The installation of MoBlock will work anyway.
    To verify you have to add my GPG key. Do the following in the terminal:
    Code:
    gpg --keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv 9072870B
    gpg --export --armor 9072870B | sudo apt-key add -

Quote Originally Posted by GPizza View Post
    This is an entry not related to MoBlock. Either you messed it up when you added this entry to your /etc/apt/sources.list or the remote site changed. So you have to check this.
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Do you know any script to merge IP ranges?

I already have a nice script that download lists from several sources, extract compressed files and cat them into a few different lists, but there is one list that I need to merge, because it's not working on Deluge's blocklist plugin with just appended ranges.
    General: I think merging is too much for doing it with an script, but calling some application from within a script should be good, too:
    Obviously you already know BLM (BTW, where do you get it, I haven't found it on bluetack). Can't you use it from the command line?
    I know of a guy who is working on a command line merging tool, but there's nothing available, yet.
    You can try the old peerguardnf (old PG Linux, development is discontinued), which has a list merging feature. You can download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/peerguardian.
    Use it with:
    Code:
    cat LIST1 LIST2 ... | peerguardnf -f merged.p2p
    Perhaps you can also use the merge feature from iblocklist.com (for VIP members only). But I don't know if this works for you.
    Last edited by jre; October 13th, 2008 at 07:44 PM.
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

You can also use iplist to merge/convert lists by invoking it like
    Code:
    iplist --output=merged.p2p.gz --output-fmt=p2p list1.p2p list2.dat list2.p2p.gz ...
    iplist

"Specialization is for Insects", R. Heinlein

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jre View Post
    General: I think merging is too much for doing it with an script, but calling some application from within a script should be good, too:
    Yep, this is what I want.

Obviously you already know BLM (BTW, where do you get it, I haven't found it on bluetack).
    BLM does not play well with Wine. I get TinyBLM form here and BLM form here.

Can't you use it from the command line?
    I don't know. Is it possible to use command line to invoke an application with Wine?

I know of a guy who is working on a command line merging tool, but there's nothing available, yet.
    Please let me know when available. I would like to test it.

You can try the old peerguardnf (old PG Linux, development is discontinued), which has a list merging feature. You can download it from https://sourceforge.net/projects/peerguardian.
    Use it with:
    Code:
    cat LIST1 LIST2 ... | peerguardnf -f merged.p2p
    This could be a solution. Is there any incompatibility with moblock?

EDIT: AWESOME. It works like a charm and it is much faster than TinyBLM. It produces more merged lines, since it doesn't merge several consecutive ranges with different descriptions like Tiny BLM, but the speed and the command-line control are much more important. Thank you very much. Just to be sure, if I don't send any other command to peerguardian it won't be loaded and won't mess with my iptables right?

Perhaps you can also use the merge feature from iblocklist.com (for VIP members only). But I don't know if this works for you.
    I'm contributing with new ranges, but I still don't have a VIP account. I guess I will get one soon, but I don't think it would be possible to make the process automatic.

Thank you very much for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by uljanow View Post
    You can also use iplist to merge/convert lists by invoking it like
    Code:
    iplist --output=merged.p2p.gz --output-fmt=p2p list1.p2p list2.dat list2.p2p.gz ...
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, you can't install iplist and moblock at the same time.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; October 14th, 2008 at 05:55 AM.

Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast