Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: General MoBlock thread

Beans

Re: General MoBlock thread

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia88 View Post
    hi guys installed from source in jaunty
    Answered in the other thread, but well let's announce it here, too:

I'm currently setting up a PPA for jaunty (and all future Ubuntu releases). This supports as architectures: i386, amd64 and lpia.
    Currently blockcontrol is still missing (but that's the exact same package on all dists and all archs), and I have current development versions in it, but they should work even better then the current releases.

Code:
    deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/jre-phoenix/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

I'm trying to reinstall moblock after it froze while installing on jaunty(sorry forgot what stage but it was close to finishing) but it gets to "Stopping IP block daemon moblock" and thats it. I have left it for up to 10 minutes and still nothing, i tried the stop and purge commands as listed on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MoBlock bt still nothing.

Please help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyenglish View Post
    I'm trying to reinstall moblock after it froze while installing on jaunty(sorry forgot what stage but it was close to finishing) but it gets to "Stopping IP block daemon moblock" and thats it. I have left it for up to 10 minutes and still nothing
    Most probably it was still downloading the blocklists (per default about 10MB). Have a look at /var/log/blockcontrol.log to see where it was.
    Further please post the output of your package manager (just do the purge and install again).
    Finally you may disable the automatic start. Then there is no "start" during installation, therefore no download of the blocklists and probably no other errors - so probably a less error prone installation. To disable the automatic start either do that during the debconf questions during installations, or set INIT="0" in /etc/blockcontrol/blockcontrol.conf.

EDIT: Another possibility is, that a debconf question was asked and was still waitng for your answer. This is explained in the FAQ at the wiki page, that you already cited.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyenglish View Post
    i tried the stop and purge commands as listed on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MoBlock bt still nothing.
    I updated that page just a few hours ago. Make sure that you used the current commands (especially blockcontrol, not moblock-control).
    Please post your logfiles and output of commands wrapped in code tags:
    Code:
    [code]output[/code]
    Co-author of PeerGuardian Linux (pgl). Maintainer of the pgl package repositories for Debian and Ubuntu.

Beans

Below is the output from "aptitude purge moblock blockcontrol mobloquer"

Code:
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    Reading extended state information      
    Initialising package states... Done
    E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
    E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
    The INIT setting is set to 0

Beans

Hey I am having the same problem....well sleepenglish the last output you put up sounds like you forgot to but sudo before the command.....but I can't get the buggar off my system....when I installed in just hung when it said it was starting moblock, and on removal, even with INIT=0 and restarted it says it is trying to stop moblock, forever......I too would appreciate some of your genius, thanks

Beans

oh yeah, and it had definately downloaded all the iplists because I was watching the blockcontrol.log as it happened

Beans

actually I fixed it myself, I think....for some reason it didn't install the iptables-custom_insert.sh and iptables-custom_remove.sh scripts in the /etc/blockcontrol directory....I was lucky enough to have an installation already on an older installation and copying the scripts over to the new one seemed to fix everything....I then removed everything successfully, and tried to install again, and for some reason, I'm guessing something changed in the blockcontrol installation, those scripts aren't being installed though, so I will just do what I did again and leave it since that seems to work fine.....again all the block lists were downloaded fine by the way

Beans

Its been(i.e. its still running) like the below for the last 30 min with still no luck and i doubled checked that INIT=0 and it is so what is it trying to stop?

Code:
    mark@mark-laptop:~$ sudo aptitude purge moblock blockcontrol mobloquer
    [sudo] password for mark: 
    Building dependency tree       
    Initialising package states... Done
    Writing extended state information... Done
    The following packages will be REMOVED:
      blockcontrol{p} moblock{ap} mobloquer{p} 
    0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 3 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 532kB will be freed.
    Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?] y
    (Reading database ... 104735 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing blockcontrol ...
     * Stopping IP block daemon moblock

Beans

I reinstalled Jaunty and followed the installation instuctions on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MoBlock and its been doing the below for 20 min.

Code:
    mark@mark-laptop:~$ tail -f /var/log/blockcontrol.log
       ...done.
    Inserting iptables ...
    Allowing inbound LAN traffic for 192.168.1.64 with subnetmask 255.255.255.0   ...done.
    Allowing outbound LAN traffic for 192.168.1.64 with subnetmask 255.255.255.0   ...done.
    Allowing forwarded LAN traffic for 192.168.1.64 with subnetmask 255.255.255.0   ...done.
    Allowing outbound traffic to DNS server 192.168.1.254   ...done.
    Allowing forwarded traffic to DNS server 192.168.1.254   ...done.
    Allowing loopback traffic   ...done.
       ...done.
    Executing  ...
    As you can see from the attached image the "Debconf on mark-laptop" window seems to have frozen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I can't seem to be able to install either on a fresh Jaunty Desktop i386 install..

Code:
    Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net jaunty/main mobloquer 0.6-2~pre1~jaunty [263kB]
    Fetched 263kB in 0s (864kB/s) 
    Selecting previously deselected package mobloquer.
    (Reading database ... 116875 files and directories currently installed.)
    Unpacking mobloquer (from .../mobloquer_0.6-2~pre1~jaunty_i386.deb) ...
    Setting up blockcontrol (1.4-1~pre5~jaunty) ...

moblock will soon be started ...
    If any blocklists are missing, they will be downloaded. This may take several
    minutes. Please be patient and don't abort. If you want to follow the update
    process, then do in another terminal a
     tail -f /var/log/blockcontrol.log
    The lists are saved to /var/spool/blockcontrol/.
    The installation of blockcontrol will fail, if starting moblock fails. If this
    happens, then in most cases downloading the blocklists failed temporarily. To
    workaround this, you can turn the automatic starting of moblock off by setting
    in /etc/blockcontrol/blockcontrol.conf:
     INIT="0"

* Starting IP block daemon moblock                                             invoke-rc.d: initscript blockcontrol, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing blockcontrol (--configure):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 8
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mobloquer:
     mobloquer depends on blockcontrol; however:
      Package blockcontrol is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mobloquer (--configure):
     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure.
                              Errors were encountered while processing:
     blockcontrol
     mobloquer
    E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
    A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
    Setting up blockcontrol (1.4-1~pre5~jaunty) ...

moblock will soon be started ...
    If any blocklists are missing, they will be downloaded. This may take several
    minutes. Please be patient and don't abort. If you want to follow the update
    process, then do in another terminal a
     tail -f /var/log/blockcontrol.log
    The lists are saved to /var/spool/blockcontrol/.
    The installation of blockcontrol will fail, if starting moblock fails. If this
    happens, then in most cases downloading the blocklists failed temporarily. To
    workaround this, you can turn the automatic starting of moblock off by setting
    in /etc/blockcontrol/blockcontrol.conf:
     INIT="0"

* Starting IP block daemon moblock                                             invoke-rc.d: initscript blockcontrol, action "start" failed.
    dpkg: error processing blockcontrol (--configure):
     subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 8
    dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mobloquer:
     mobloquer depends on blockcontrol; however:
      Package blockcontrol is not configured yet.
    dpkg: error processing mobloquer (--configure):
     dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
    Errors were encountered while processing:
     blockcontrol
     mobloquer
    Building dependency tree       
    Initializing package states... Done

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast