Thread: problems with compiz desktop cube

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

problems with compiz desktop cube

Hi, I'm kind of new to compiz. I cant get the desktop cub effect to work properly. I usually use four desktops but desktop cube limits me to two. In the compiz general settings it wont let me set it to more than one desktop.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Update: I've figured out how to get four desktops into a cube but it only allows it if the desktops are in a row instead of utilizing the top and bottom of the cube.
    Last edited by zieglerj; May 22nd, 2008 at 03:49 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: problems with compiz desktop cube

Quote Originally Posted by zieglerj View Post
    Hi, I'm kind of new to compiz. I cant get the desktop cub effect to work properly. I usually use four desktops but desktop cube limits me to two. In the compiz general settings it wont let me set it to more than one desktop.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Update: I've figured out how to get four desktops into a cube but it only allows it if the desktops are in a row instead of utilizing the top and bottom of the cube.
    Unfortunately you wont be able to use the top and bottom parts of the cube and as far as i can recall i dont think you ever could.
    Dialup or no internet on your Ubuntu box? Have no fear, Keryx is here! Keryx Project
    My blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: problems with compiz desktop cube

You need 4 workspaces. Right click on the boxes in the bottom RH corner, select preferences and set to 4 columns.
    Next, go to System - Preferences - Advanced Desktop Effects - Double click on Rotate Cube, check its enabled and set Flip Time to 200, Speed to 1.7, Zoom to 0.8. Now go to Desktop Cube, Behaviour, check its enabled, set Acceleration to 4, Speed to 1.7 and Timestep to 1.2.
    You should now have a cube when you select a new Workspace when clicking the workspace in bottom RH corner or using Ctrl-Alt-Left or Right arrow.