Thread: Staticmesh.fx error in running bf2142

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Staticmesh.fx error in running bf2142

Hi. I don't know where to post this but when I try to run battlefield 2142 in wine, I get the following error. How do I fix that? ive googled a little but still have no clue on how to solve it. Thanks for any answers. I'm still kinda a noob at Ubuntu but get around quite well. Wine is version 9.59.

Ive included a pic of the error. hope i attached it properly

Frosty
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Re: Staticmesh.fx error in running bf2142

Nvm. i solved it and am able to play bf2142 perfectly in ubuntu via wine. thnx.

Beans

So how did you solve this problem?

Beans
    Distro

Hey everyone! This is frosty and sorry it took me so long to put up the answer to fix the staticmesh.fx problem. It is due to some missing Dlls so just google the following Dlls and place them in your "system 32" directory on the Wine C: drive. Here are the Dlls you need to download(without the quotations): "d3dx9_29.dll" "d3dx9_30.dll" and "d3dx9_32.dll"

Good luck with getting the game to run. I did and run it with full graphics excpet for lighting. If you need anymore help just message me. Punkbuster doesn't work in wine and PB said they dont support "emulation software." Well for their info its actually a "compatability layer", but there is no multiplayer without getting booted.