Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: System76 Drivers on Mint

Beans

Re: System76 Drivers on Mint

Just adding my .02 to Sys 76 marketing. Support for Mint would've be a plus for me. And, I am thinking of making the move.

To those who have installed Mint, does the laptop boot directly to the login screen or does it install grub? I like the quick boot of my Lemur with SSD. It gets to the login screen in no time.

I have been very happy with my Lemur, but am skeptical about the upcoming Ubuntu. I had been using Mint for a couple of years prior to purchasing the Lemur

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: System76 Drivers on Mint

Quote Originally Posted by oakhilltop View Post
    Just adding my .02 to Sys 76 marketing. Support for Mint would've be a plus for me. And, I am thinking of making the move.

To those who have installed Mint, does the laptop boot directly to the login screen or does it install grub? I like the quick boot of my Lemur with SSD. It gets to the login screen in no time.

I have been very happy with my Lemur, but am skeptical about the upcoming Ubuntu. I had been using Mint for a couple of years prior to purchasing the Lemur
    For the sole purpose of attempting to answer your question, I installed Linux Mint XFCE on Virtualbox. Upon reboot after install, there was only a black screen for a moment, and no grub menu appeared. It went straight to the login screen.
    So I suppose that (with a solid state hard drive), Linux Mint would boot fairly quickly.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345