Thread: Thunderbird Size Issue

Beans

Thunderbird Size Issue

I have an issue with Thunderbird mail and not quite sure what to do with it. It started before I upgraded to Hardy Heron. Before I upgraded my resolution on my main monitor would randomly change between two resolution settings when I would boot. Thunderbird would not show the title bar when in lower resolution but worked fine in the higher one. So now that I have upgraded my resolution is stable but I can't minimize or move Thunderbird. I have to close it to do anything else on the computer. Hope someone knows what the problem is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Smile Re: Thunderbird Size Issue

In your picture I don't see the minimize or closing or maximize/unmaximize buttons should be in top right corner, how are you closing Thunderbird. The maximize/unmaximize button will if ticked to the smaller box (unmaximize) will not allow you to change widow size

Beans

Re: Thunderbird Size Issue

Thats the whole problem is that I can't see those buttons unless I make the resolution high on my screen. I think if I could just reach the buttons I wouldn't have the problem anymore. Since I can't click the X I use File Quit to close Thunderbird. Thanks.

Beans

Nevermind I got it fixed today. Thanks anyway.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jlabomb View Post
    Nevermind I got it fixed today. Thanks anyway.
    Generally its good netiquette to post what your resolution was. I am having this problem as well and have been unable to find a solutin. Care to enlighten us?

Beans

I am not sure I ever found a solution to this problem. No one ever replied with one. I some how have it normal now. I tried changing the resolution with the program open and closed. I also tried making the panels on top and bottom auto-hide. I don't know if that will help you or not.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Lightbulb Re: Thunderbird Size Issue

Beans

I no longer have a problem with Thunderbird doing this. I was having and issue with Firefox doing the same thing when I would have 2 Browsers open at the same time on different sides of my dual monitor. To fix it I would close Firefox then raise the resolution higher, open Firefox then lower the resolution back and it would work. This is happening less with 8.10 than it did with 8.04. Hope that helps someone.