Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Biggest let down for me right now in linux

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: Biggest let down for me right now in linux

Quote Originally Posted by warbread View Post
    I'm really disappointed that Ubuntu doesn't exercise for me.
    What you need is a Nintendo Wii with the Wii Fit game. That's the closest thing we have to a computer exercising for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Picklesworth View Post
    Abiword has a grammar checker! 2.4 in the repos is pretty old and ugly, but there is a PPA with 2.6 for now.

https://launchpad.net/~abiword-stable/+archive

Not a very good grammar checker yet, but the annoying little green line is sure to satisfy any wish for the old. It's a really nice word processor, too
    The green lines in Abiword are cool, but they don't give you any explanation, just the green lines. Also, Abiword is missing too much functionality for me to like it. I like things like automatic bullet points.
    Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Well, im writing this now from M$ Word and and and as you can see it does grammar purfectly! You just dont not know how good a thing is until you am lose it for Linux! Gosh, you people is just clueless!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by warbread View Post
    On that note, I'm not as healthy as I'd like to be. I'm really disappointed that Ubuntu doesn't exercise for me.
    This is sarcasm right? I mean, I'm just checking. replace healthy with language proficient, exercise with compensate?
    Remember: With great power comes great current squared times resistance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Gee, I've gotten here, to the very subject that has been buggin' me and I discover that it was explored (somewhat) as a topic, six months ago. But still, it's not marked as solved...well because it hasn't been...how can I get rid of that green edit line?
    It's not so much about weathering the storm as it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Beans

I wasn't aware there wasn't a grammar checker in Linux until now. I guess that shows how useful it is.
    My blog about random things I do in Linux.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123