Thread: Sound everywhere.. except firefox.

Beans

Question Sound everywhere.. except firefox.

I use a USB headset. Audio works everywhere else, linux sound effects, VLC media player, etc. The one area it doesn't work is firefox. I don't hear sound from youtube, flash or anything else.

In the sound settings I have everything set to "USB Audio" and the mixer set to "Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 (Alsa mixer)"

I'm on Hardy Herron, AMD64. I'm using the Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 USB headset.

Any ideas on how I can tell firefox to use the headset?

Beans

Re: Sound everywhere.. except firefox.

Try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libflashsupport
    If that doesn't work, try starting firefox from the terminal to see if it's outputting error messages.

Beans

I installed libflashsupport, restarted and still nothing. I started firefox via a terminal and got no error messages while normal browsing or attempting to watch a youtube video.

Beans

After un-muting the laptops speakers, it seems that's what firefox seems to want to use. Is there any way to tell firefox to use my USB headset?

Beans

So.... any ideas?

Beans

Nothing yet..

Beans

Nothing yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I'm having the same issue, except I have a desktop with the audio going through my JVC amplifier. Totem and Rhythmbox work great, VLC and Firefox for some reason shoot the sound through the headphones plug on the front of the machine.

I tried running Firefox through the terminal and got these errors (over and over again):

(npviewer.bin:8265): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_hide: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

(npviewer.bin:8265): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_destroy: assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

Any help?

Beans

I had this same problem except with a usb sound adapter.
    I just changed the default sound device by following this guide http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...t=82801G+Sound
    It is about halfway down the page where it says configuring default sound cards.