Thread: Apps suddenly stop loading. Sometimes when I boot up...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Apps suddenly stop loading. Sometimes when I boot up...

Hey, I have a problem here...

Usually at least once a day, I've been having problems with ubuntu, like, suddenly firefox will stop opening all together after I had closed it once, and usually right after that happens it will open other apps... but like nothing will show up...

gnome terminal screenshot: http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/6...7x435scce6.png (And just stops loading right there...)

gnometris screenshot: http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/1...0x550scvb0.png (And stops loading there...)

I can manage to press Alt+F2 to run xterm and take screenshots with scrot. But, like the normal screenshot program does like above and, I already showed gnome terminal.

When I run programs in xterm, it doesn't seem to output an error message.

To fix this I usually have to reboot TWICE. The first time... Right after I enter my username/pass, it will like act like it's gonna show an error message in the top left corner but then it will just stop right there. Gnome doesn't load or anything.

The second time I reboot.. (Which, I do have to force shutdown to do it), it boots up fine and everything appears to be working again.

But, I just have this problem again either later the same day or the next day. Sometimes I'll get lucky and it takes 2 or 3 days, but it always happens again.

Now... I'm stumped and have no idea how to find the actual problem, or how to fix it... So... any help here? Thanks in advanced.
    Desktop | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz | 320GB + 640GB HDD | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Dell Mini 9 | Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6GHz | 16GB SSD + 16GB SD Card | 2GB RAM | 1.3MP Cam + Bluetooth | Intel GMA 950

Beans

Re: Apps suddenly stop loading. Sometimes when I boot up...

Thats not really enough detail to diagnose a problem. However you could start by disabling advanced 3D effects and things like that to see if that makes a difference. Also try searching around a bit with different keywords, your bound to find something.
    Ubuntu User #: 0x2695 | Banshee 1.8/2.0 Pidgin Plugin

Intel Q6600 @3.21, 4GB, GTX260, ArchLinux
    Lenovo IdeaPad S10, 1.6GHz Intel Atom, ArchLinux

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Apps suddenly stop loading. Sometimes when I boot up...

No 3D effects were enabled in the first place. I think they get annoying
    Desktop | Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ 2.33GHz | 320GB + 640GB HDD | 4GB RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
    Dell Mini 9 | Intel Atom N270 @ 1.6GHz | 16GB SSD + 16GB SD Card | 2GB RAM | 1.3MP Cam + Bluetooth | Intel GMA 950