Thread: mysql has turned into myheadache

Beans

Double post, my bad.

During boot-up MySQL fails to start. It used to work just fine though, don't know what changed.

I’ve gone through several different forums, and the two main problems I’ve seen posted were: 1. mysql-server was not installed, and I’ve verified mine is. 2. In the /etc/mysql/my.cnf file the bind-address was incorrect, normally due to the IP address of the server changing. I’ve verified mine is set to the loop-back, 127.0.0.1.

When I try to start MySQL manually, by using the command “sudo /etc/init.d/mysql start”, it fails. When I try to start MySQL manually, by using the command “sudo mysql start”, it fails giving “ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)”.

I've also checked the /var/log/mysql.err and mysql.log files, but they are both empty.

Anybody know what I can do or where I should look?

I’ve had some permissions problems in the past, and my guess is this is somehow related to permissions even though I have no reason to belive so.
    Last edited by infosys; May 22nd, 2008 at 12:02 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: mysql has turned into myheadache

Umm. Why are you opening another thread about this? I responded to your earlier post.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=801674

Beans

Hummm, sorry about the double-post, not exactly sure what happend there. I can't find any way to remove this one eaither, is there a way?

Beans

Not sure about how to delete it but you can edit it and change title to "oops sorry for doublepost" or something like that.

Beans

Maybe I'm just being dense, but for the life of me I can't seem to find anywhere to change the title of the thread. I can change the titles to my posts, but not the whole thread.