Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows + Linux making friends

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Windows + Linux making friends

Quote Originally Posted by anystupidname View Post
    Doh! you'll need the any any patch then...
    http://platan.vc.cvut.cz/ftp/pub/vmw...date115.tar.gz
    I installed the latest version of the any-any patch and when I go to run vmware I get the following errors:

Code:
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.4' not found (required by /usr/lib/libcairo.so.2)
    /usr/lib/vmware/bin/vmware: /usr/lib/vmware/lib/libgcc_s.so.1/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_4.2.0' not found (required by /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6)
    I installed GCC 3.4 and GCC 4.2 from synaptic, but I still get those same errors.

What to do?

-'Mage
    "You cannot be frightened of the unknown because you do not know what the unknown contains and so there is nothing to be afraid of." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Beans

Man, you're just hitting every possible error along the way...
    You can create a symlink to overcome that problem:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=363968

cheers

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Thanks for the tip.

I actually ended up following the guide on the forums to install vmware and voila, it worked!

-'mage
    "You cannot be frightened of the unknown because you do not know what the unknown contains and so there is nothing to be afraid of." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12