Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: exherbo - new distro in the works

Beans

exherbo - new distro in the works

Quote Originally Posted by *snip*
    I love it when people stop trying to help me and I just uninstall ubuntu because of it . . .

Beans

Re: exherbo - new distro in the works

In Conclusion

It's not that we hate you (unless we do). It's just that we have nothing to offer you, and you have nothing to offer us.
    They seem friendly ^-^.
    Try the beautiful Enlightenment17 distro OzOS. | Easy way to install Enlightenment17 from CVS.
    Thanks Rui Pai for all you work intergrating this beautiful Desktop Shell with Ubuntu.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Yeah, I read about it on Slashdot last night
    "Security lies within the user of who runs the system. Think smart, live safe." - Dr Small
    Linux User #441960 | Wiki: DrSmall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

great just what the world needs, another distro and package format... greeeaat

funny how linux prides its self on open standards ...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by PetePete View Post

Agreed.
    I use both Windows and Linux. Is that a crime? || Ubuntu User # 16597

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Why did they even put up a website? To tell people about their super exclusive distro that we "don't even want to try"

Nice announcement *grumbles*

(the world sometimes seems to be full of idiots)
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans

What a terribly snooty sounding web site. Linux snobbery goes to a whole new level.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ok, umm.... ***holes
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    Hidden!

Looks cool, I've checked it out a bit and done some research. Will probably install it when it gets an init system.

Iandefor is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by PetePete View Post

I don't think it's fair or accurate to lump everybody who uses Linux into one big "Linux" block. These guys are scratching their itch, not making a standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripfox View Post
    Why did they even put up a website? To tell people about their super exclusive distro that we "don't even want to try"
    Well, looking at the Planet linked to on the exherbo website, there's a post entitled Why Exherbo was announced which says

Exherbo was announced because some elements of it will be discussed at an upcoming conference. Rather than having a blank page and let people start various rumors it seemed wise to at least let people know what was going on. But in an effort not to hype it above what it was, we didn’t hand over all available information and code.
    Unfortunately Slashdot picked up the announcement because some tard decided it would be a great idea to submit it to them. We did not do that ourselves because, as we state on the website, we have no need for users at the moment and exherbo won’t fulfill users demands for the foreseeable future. That is not to say exherbo won’t ever become useful but we’re not there at the moment. Some very basic things still need to be worked out properly.
    Last edited by Iandefor; May 21st, 2008 at 03:30 PM.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast