Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to enable Apple Macbook MB403LL/A Wifi (Broadcom Corp. BCM4328 802.11a/b/g/n)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: How to enable Apple Macbook MB403LL/A Wifi (Broadcom Corp. BCM4328 802.11a/b/g/n)

I'm having the same problem, working with the BCM4328 card on a white Core2 Duo iMac, running 64-bit.

I've been trying several methods, but I can't seem to find a valid driver anywhere. If it really is on the Leopard install DVD, then any help you could give me in finding it would be..... well, helpful.

I don't exactly want to take a swat at finding it myself because I'm a bit afraid that I'll end up copying a) the wrong file II) only ONE of the right files, or 3) end up somehow deleting all of my system files.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: How to enable Apple Macbook MB403LL/A Wifi (Broadcom Corp. BCM4328 802.11a/b/g/n)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinatius View Post
    I don't exactly want to take a swat at finding it myself because I'm a bit afraid that I'll end up copying a) the wrong file II) only ONE of the right files, or 3) end up somehow deleting all of my system files.
    just stick to copying files to your user directory and you should be OK. For you machine though, (same as mine) you should be able to use older drivers.

General directions to get the driver from your Leopard DVD are here:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MacBookPro/P...ba99291e079cf4

This guide shows getting and using a Dell-supplied driver that should also work.
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ma...reless%20Setup

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdork33 View Post
    just stick to copying files to your user directory and you should be OK. For you machine though, (same as mine) you should be able to use older drivers.

General directions to get the driver from your Leopard DVD are here:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MacBookPro/P...ba99291e079cf4
    Well, everything appears to have worked, but I'm still having trouble connecting wirelessly.
    This may just be noobishness on my part, but its still a little frustrating.

The driver appears to have installed, but nothing seems to have changed other than that. I still don't even seem to have the option of connecting to a wireless network.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Dinatius View Post
    The driver appears to have installed, but nothing seems to have changed other than that. I still don't even seem to have the option of connecting to a wireless network.
    Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    should list windows drivers installed and if they are the correct one for your hardware.

once that is verified, load ndswrapper:
    Code:
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    After it is loaded, you should have a wlan0 interface in the output of:
    Code:
     ifconfig

Beans

I am having the same trouble with my MAC, I cannot connect wirelessly. I CAN however connect via ehternet cord. Any suggestions?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Justin B View Post
    I am having the same trouble with my MAC, I cannot connect wirelessly. I CAN however connect via ehternet cord. Any suggestions?
    Can you try some of the suggestions already in the thread and post the output requested? "It doesn't work" makes it difficult to determine what the issue is.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12