Thread: Easytag Noob here :)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Easytag Noob here :)

I need help with easytag. I've never even tried to tag music before, didn't even understand it, but I have a folder called "random tunes" and I want Rhythmbox to put the artist name in the "Artist" field because that is what triggers RB to download the cover art from amazon. Right now it lists Title as the name of the "artist-the song" and under the Artist tab it says the name of the folder "Random Tunes"

How do I get the name of the artist and the title field to switch? Re-tag them? Or is it something I can do in Rhythmbox?

Thanks alot

Rip
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Easytag Noob here :)

Bump?
    A computer allows you to make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Beans

Re: Easytag Noob here :)

It sounds like Rythmbox is reading from the file name. I assume thse are mp3's. In Rythmbox add your music then in Rythmbox you right click on the file go to properties and change/add the information (artist etc). If you use a program such as easytag you simply add the information artist - title etc. Then Rythmbox should read the tag. You may want to do a little reading just to familiarize yourself with tagging - this will get you started (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tag_editor).

Enjoy!
    Last edited by cozmicharlie; May 18th, 2008 at 11:22 PM.