Thread: printer sharing not working

Beans

printer sharing not working

Hi,

I have my Deskjet D2400 series printer shared to the network. Another Linux machine can see it fine and print to it fine.

But, my windows machines cannot add the printer. I use: Http://192.168.1.102:631/printers/Deskjet_D2400_series as the url and it connects. Then I choose the driver on the windows machine and it just hangs and never finishes.

Any idea whats going on? I've never had this problem before. I've had this same printer shared before on many different Linux distros.

Any ideas?

Beans

Re: printer sharing not working

Quote Originally Posted by nix4me View Post
    Hi,

I have my Deskjet D2400 series printer shared to the network. Another Linux machine can see it fine and print to it fine.

But, my windows machines cannot add the printer. I use: Http://192.168.1.102:631/printers/Deskjet_D2400_series as the url and it connects. Then I choose the driver on the windows machine and it just hangs and never finishes.

Any idea whats going on? I've never had this problem before. I've had this same printer shared before on many different Linux distros.

Any ideas?
    a HP photosmart and I am having the same problem, my wifes XP laptop cannot see the cups printer. 50000 thread searches later still no help. For what it is worth I followed this guide: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ne...ntingFromWinXP

Edit: Had to open port 631 0n my router, working now.
    Last edited by persev; May 19th, 2008 at 03:09 PM.
    Dell Inspiron 531, AMD Athlon X2 64, 2GB ram, Trendnet wireless PCI - Atheros chip.