Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stuck on 800x600 =[

Beans

Re: Stuck on 800x600 =[

followed the instructions there.
    For some reason i don't have application-system-preferences as well as an admin option =/

I just have, Applications-settings-settings manager then from there display, and still don't have 1024 =[ =[

Man this is iterating.

Maybe i have to enable what he has done somehow?
    If it makes a difference, i installed and am using compiz =/

Beans

okay we have identified your graphics hardware, that you have the intel resolution packages installed.
    The howto was the only one I could find with a quick search. You may find more help with a thread in beginners section titled intel 915 resolution help

Beans

Followed another tut, no success =[

Is it possible to do vnc or remote desktop with you?
    I realy have NO idea what im doing

EDIT: omg i might be the most stupid person, i clicked the wrong thing :d i have xubuntu not kubuntu =D >BLUSH<
    Last edited by blizma; May 18th, 2008 at 05:12 PM.

Beans

while I am trying to help you I will decline vnc or remote desktop, this is not because I don't want to help. In fact I would like to help but I don't want to remotely break your desktop.

I will have another look around forums for a more upto date thread, if you can't get the resolution higher in system settings

We used to dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg to reconfigure graphics and monitor, but in hardy these have been removed. I can only find mention of a more advanced gui on hardy heron for selecting graphics and monitor along with a whole list of bugs.
    If you fancy a look then
    Code:
    gksudo displayconfig-gtk
    (works on ubuntu, not sure on kubuntu)
    other than this I would suggest a post in beginners section as my intel graphics experience is limited to older distro's
    Last edited by teaker1s; May 18th, 2008 at 05:32 PM.

Beans

I dont mind if it breaks, or anything, its freshly formated xubuntu with xp dualboot i wouldnt loose anything anyway and i only use it test test stuff and to play around with

Thanks so much for all your help so far =D

Beans

Maybe i should try running Ubuntu live disk to see if it makes any difference. As i understand ubuntu uses Gnome, and xubuntu xfce. Maybe gnome would run better?
    I tried that command in termanl where you can config everything, but it just asks about my keyboard and not graphics card =S
    Stupid question, but do i need to install a graphics driver or...? =D

Beans

I would suggest a new thread with intel 915 resolution in beginners, not because I don't want to help- in fact I do and I feel this will get you more advice than I can give on the subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12