Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] Tomb Raider Annivesary - fixed preloaderpagezero but errors in terminal stil

Beans

Re: Tomb Raider Annivesary - fixed preloaderpagezero but errors in terminal still

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    Could you tell me what a nocd crack is. Never heard of this.
    It lets you play the game without needing the CD/DVD. I've got TRA myself, I'll have to test it in Hardly 64(always worked fine last time I tried it).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Tomb Raider Annivesary - fixed preloaderpagezero but errors in terminal still

Ok got a replacement tra.exe file from a site and it now works. It said on their website only for use if you own the game which I do.

The mouse is a bit laggy on the intro and set up page
    Last edited by philinux; May 17th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Ironically, this problem will only affect people who have a legal copy of the game. It's annoying, and rather common unfortunately (regardless of the platform you're using).

But I'd better suppress the urge to rant about copy-protection and drm....

Beans
    Distro

Re: [SOLVED] Tomb Raider Annivesary - fixed preloaderpagezero but errors in terminal

Thanks all for help. The game play's fine with my thrustmaster joystick with full effects. The only weird part is the intro which has a few odd rendering effects, but one in the game it's fine.

Very annoying this is affecting me with a legal copy though. Better be of to launchpad as it looks like is defo a 64 bit issue.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by philinux View Post
    The mouse is a bit laggy on the intro and set up page
    Yes, but it's better when playing correct?

To optimize things a bit, you can set a few registry settings. Make a text file containing the lines:

Code:
    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\Direct3D]
    "DirectDrawRenderer"="opengl"
    "VideoMemorySize"="256"
    "UseGLSL"="enabled"
    "OffscreenRenderingMode"="pbuffer"
    "RenderTargetLockMode"="auto"
    - Use the correct amount of video memory for your video card instead. Then save it as "anniversary.reg"

- Next, import it into the registry. Run this command from within the folder where you saved the file:

regedit anniversary.reg

- Oh and BTW, I'm not really sure how strict forum policy is on this matter, but I think it's safest if you'd edit your post and delete the name of the site.

Beans
    Distro

Re: [SOLVED] Tomb Raider Annivesary - fixed preloaderpagezero but errors in terminal

I'm not sure yet if I want to play with registry. I'll see how it goes.

Once in the actual game everything is fine very smooth graphics. Mouse and joystick work fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12