Thread: [SOLVED] Wine (From 1.0rc1 to 0.9.58 and back)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question [SOLVED] Wine (From 1.0rc1 to 0.9.58 and back)

Hie to everybody,
    I am having one unresolved issue on my Ubuntu machine. PLEASE GIVE ADVISE IF POSSIBLE!!!!
    I was having wine 1.0rc1 from winehq repository. It was working fine, but I wanted office 2007 (word and excel) to work on my ubuntu. After reading some articles I have found out that wine version 0.9.58 was tested to be successful with Office 2007. Anyway I uninstalled 1.0rc1 and deleted menu entries (I also had winedoors).
    To install wine 0.9.58 I tried Ubuntu 7 deb package, but it did not work, so I installed 0.9.58 from tar.bz2. Anyway I was unable to get Office 2007 to work on my machine; I am using vmware player + winxp sp 3 lite edition + office 2007 inside (mode without network) now. So I ran make uninstall command for 0.9.58, as far as terminal showed me everything was OK. I went back to Synaptic and installed 1.0rc1 from repository, but I could not see it menu, because those were deleted earlier. So I uninstalled it once again and installed 1.0rc1 from tar.bz2.
    Right now I seems to have Wine on my machine (rapget is still working) but with no gecko since IE6 is asking for gecko which is not installed. Also I do not know how to restore menu entries?????
    I would like to get back the normal wine, which comes from repository, and to have it with winedoors for better usage))))
    Maybe I have to clean ubuntu temps or maybe something else should be done???? I know experienced Linux user knows what to do.
    Thanks in advance
    "I recommend Ubuntu." Bill Gates
    "Let's install Ubuntu on Mac." Steve Jobs
    (Ubuntu - linux for human beings, get it free at www.ubuntu.com)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Wine (From 1.0rc1 to 0.9.58 and back)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=650738

This is my answer)))))))))))) I answered myself. Good luck to everybody having a hard time restoring deleted menus and messing with wine
    "I recommend Ubuntu." Bill Gates
    "Let's install Ubuntu on Mac." Steve Jobs
    (Ubuntu - linux for human beings, get it free at www.ubuntu.com)