Page 278 of 366 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3658

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Beans

Smile Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Wish there was an easier way around the 30gig wubi install...my 200gig dropbox sputtered out quick...accessing via web is tedious...

That'prob not a ubuntu thing but a microsquish fail...so prob doesn't count.

ego-

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Arrow Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by joebow1991 View Post
    But I do have to mention Unity... I hate it so much that it's the first thing that I change upon install.
    Unity,plus stuff migrates from desktops..Once Skype got stuck between desktops and I could not get it as it would whiz by when I switched desktops.
    I finally had to reboot and restart Skype.
    A friendly & helpful Linux community who has started a large cursor theme project. If you are sick of tiny cursors, go here and get one.
    http://linuxinternationals.org/forum...orum.php?f=166

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by egosophist View Post
    Wish there was an easier way around the 30gig wubi install...my 200gig dropbox sputtered out quick...accessing via web is tedious...

That'prob not a ubuntu thing but a microsquish fail...so prob doesn't count.

ego-
    There is, download a ~750MiB iso, and do a proper install.

Beans

I just hate Ubuntu all together. I'm not computer savy, so putting in codes and stuff is mind boggling, it's not as popular as windows so I don't get the help a beginner needs with Ubuntu, Ubuntu's connection with my internet just started acting weird for the past couple of weeks, and it deleted my music out of nowhere. =_= Tell me, what is there to like about this when you're a computer noob?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

I've been using Ubuntu on both of my computers for a very long time (since 4.10) but I suddenly decided to try Fedora on my laptop and I am very astounded by the feel, ease of use and responsiveness of the Gnome shell. I feel that Unity is way behind. Now I suddenly cannot understand why Ubuntu didn't go with the Gnome shell. So to sum it all up, I now suddenly realized I really don't care for Unity.
    Last edited by mlan; February 17th, 2013 at 12:55 AM. Reason: typo

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by EvyBear View Post
    Tell me, what is there to like about this when you're a computer noob?
    Challenge?
    Possibility to evolve from your noob status?
    No viruses?
    Instant security?
    Preinstalled free apps?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I just hate Ubuntu all together. I'm not computer savy, so putting in codes and stuff is mind boggling, it's not as popular as windows so I don't get the help a beginner needs with Ubuntu, Ubuntu's connection with my internet just started acting weird for the past couple of weeks, and it deleted my music out of nowhere. =_= Tell me, what is there to like about this when you're a computer noob?
    Sounds like you were the victim of a troll.
    Trolls can easily disguise bad commands as "solutions," and you did say you put in "codes," so I would not be surprised.
    Or, if you use a cloud service, you could have been the victim of account hacking (when you delete stuff on cloud services, it is deleted on all machines it is synchronized on).
    Also, have you looked in the trash for the files yet?
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

DouglasAdams,
    I should have been more precise:
    after I had 12.04 installed, I installed the xfce DE, logged into that and then I uninstalled unity-desktop (and a bunch of other stuff I don't like, like zeitgeist) via synaptic.
    Lutz

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I agree with Ubun2to--you might have been misled by someone. Another possibility is that you might have accidentally dragged and dropped your music at some point. I did the same with one of my major folders--couldn't find it for weeks, assumed I deleted it, restored from backup, then later had to reconcile the two copies...argh...but then, that can happen as easily in Windows as in Ubuntu.

By "putting in codes", I assume you mean typing stuff at the command prompt? That isn't necessary for most basic stuff in Ubuntu--you should be able to spend almost all your time in the GUI like I do. Now if you experience a problem and ask for advice, people will likely give you command-line instructions, because they're more universal. Ubuntu desktop environments vary a lot more than Windows ones do, so giving instructions for how to do something in the GUI can differ a lot. If someone gave you instructions saying to click the Applications menu, then System, then Symantec--and you didn't have Symantec in that menu, or didn't have that menu--you'd have to write back saying so, and wait for a response. Instead, if they give you the terminal commands to run, it'll work for most people. It's less comfy than using the graphical interface, but should work for anyone.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I agree with thepost by Ubun2to and peyre.
    There are many things Ubuntu does, but randomly deleting files has never been one of them.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Page 278 of 366 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast