Page 298 of 322 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 3212

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio

Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

I absolutely hate nothing... been using for 3 years now... I dual Boot, btw...

but i would have appreciated once a year release along with LTS's... n like before 18 months maintenance....

Only thing i did was to change from Ubuntu to KDE-Ubuntu to Ubuntu Studio...UStudio btw, uses xfce & hence thunar, hence no complains about nautilus there

Beans

13.04 has broken my gpg. Now I have to uninstall or go to Gates. I waited two months after release. I hate that.

Beans

Ubuntu hangs sometimes. That's what I don't like about it. But that doesn't stop me from loving it . I've always loved it.

Beans

Samba

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jimchest View Post
    Samba
    Actually Samba is one of the greatest things about Linux.

Beans

Unity. Unity seems too much like a toy or game than a working environment. I'm not sure quite how to describe it, but I don't like it, especially having started with Mint and Xubuntu.

Beans

Absolutely nothing

Beans

I always have problems when trying to install ubuntu on an other hardware using a USB key:
    The Startup-disk can not be written to the key.
    Booting the Ubuntu live stalls.
    The installation stalls.
    I don't want to start a ticket here but want to say that there are issues which
    hinder the spreading of Ubuntu.
    Regards

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I hate how it high jacks the BIOS. I find it very difficult to get into BIOS after installing Ubuntu. Also, I can setup to boot from CD first, USB second and hard drive last and it always boots from the hard drive no matter what I do. This has always been the case with any version of Ubuntu that I have installed. I would like to boot from my live CD in order to format a second hard drive, but am always booted directly from the hard drive. So far, I have found no way to format that drive from the running system.
    Annoying.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu does not hijack the BIOS. After you power on the computer, the BIOS first performs the POST (power on self test), then hands over to the grub bootloader, which in turn boots you into Ubuntu. If you are having problems getting into the BIOS or if BIOS settings are not sticking, then this is a problem with your BIOS.

Please do not PM me about your forum account unless you have been asked to. The correct place to contact an admin about your account is here.

Page 298 of 322 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308 ... LastLast