Page 283 of 366 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 3658

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

Re: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ubun2to View Post
    4. SHUT UP ABOUT UNITY ALREADY! I'm sick and tired of people like you complaining about it.
    It's a free forum and Unity is just plain bad. It's nothing but a weird blend of the worst parts of Gnome 3, OS X and tablet GUIs.

Beans

Yeah, prodigy_, I don't like Unity either, and I was a vocal critic too, but it's time to let it go and move on.

Unity is actually getting better, and for those of us who don't like it, people are picking up the pieces and providing good alternatives. Complaining at this point isn't going to help anything. It's just going to hurt Linux. The dust is settling. Just make your choice and move on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

prodigy..just because YOU don't like it doesn't mean many of us agree..in fact many of us who didn't originally like it that much now absolutely love it...probably because we were willing to give it a fair chance and go into it with a positive attitude...i have used gnome 3 shell, and i think Unity is FAR SUPERIOR to it both in appearance and simplicity....if ubuntu had adopted the actual gnome 3 shell, i would not be using it now (at least with the default desktop)...i am very GLAD they developed unity...other then the fact that it is on the left, it's a DOCK...obviously, you don't like docks...so just move on and use a different desktop...

And Unity is perfect for attracting people from windows and mac because it is very easy to use and looks GREAT...
    Last edited by craig10x; May 2nd, 2013 at 05:53 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaMozilla View Post
    Unity is actually getting better
    No it isn't. First, Unity is a broken concept. Second, the inclusion of spyware/adware never makes anything better.

In fact I looked up a "what's new in 13.04" article recently and it was all about better social media integration. Guess what? Social media aren't even on the list of things I care about. That's how Ubuntu and Unity continue to drift away from my world. The dust has settled, alright. But for me it has settled around the Unity-is-garbage-and-it's-bound-to-stay-this-way point.
    Last edited by prodigy_; May 2nd, 2013 at 06:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Then stop using ubuntu...and quit complaining....to you it's garbage...to most of us here, it's the best thing since sliced bread...
    I can see you are one of those guys to whom the glass is "half empty instead of half full"....all you do is complain about unity, the amazon lens and your fear that ubuntu will become a paid os (which it won't)...
    So, then by principal, you should not use ubuntu or ubuntu based distros...i would suggest you go straight debian...
    Last edited by craig10x; May 2nd, 2013 at 06:50 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by craig10x View Post
    Then stop using ubuntu
    Already.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

pack it in please

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by prodigy_ View Post
    Already.

lol

monkeybrain2012 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MartyBuntu View Post
    As long as the Linux Mints and spin-offs exist, I'm not terribly bothered by this.

Canonical is welcome to monetise their product...I'm welcome to jump ship to another, suitable *nix.
    Some strange logic there. I don't think Ubuntu would become a paid release, but in that unlikely scenario why would you go further downstream for other spinoffs (Mint is just Ubuntu with codecs and a different DE)? If you don't like the way Canonical makes money by selling Ubuntu (hypothethically) it strikes me as hypocritical to switch to distros basing on Ubuntu and thus indirectly benefiting off Canonical's money. In that unlikely scenario I would do the logical thing and switch to Debian

(Actually, I have been playing with Debian Sid for a few months now, it has its quirks but not unmanageable. I need an alternative which is similar enough to Ubuntu so I don't need to learn a lot of things from scratch and I do like Debian's philosophy even though it may be a bit austere at times. I need a possible replacement not because of fear that Ubuntu may go closed source (or not free as beer) or out of business, or the shopping lens (which I disabled easily), but I am afraid it breaks my system when Mir makes its appearance)
    Last edited by monkeybrain2012; May 2nd, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Yes...what gets me is that they complain about ubuntu and then go use an ubuntu based distro like mint, which is really ubuntu with some modifications (like cinnamon desktop) and codecs pre-installed...but it's still ubuntu...if i felt THAT strongly against ubuntu i would not want to associate myself in any way with it at all...and that would also include posting on the ubuntu forums...
    Last edited by craig10x; May 2nd, 2013 at 08:51 PM.

Page 283 of 366 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333 ... LastLast