Page 187 of 344 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 3439

Thread: Things that you dislike in Ubuntu

  1. #1861
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Beans
    233
    Distro
    Xubuntu

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Moyse View Post
    The fact that people don't use it.
    I second that!

    I wish I could say I've switched my family over to Ubuntu, but I can't. I've switched over myself, on both my main computer and my laptop. But my wife uses some specific Windows apps (like Photoshop Elements) and I'd be asking for trouble trying to get her to switch. Similarly, my kids have a Windows box because half to two-thirds of their educational games don't run acceptably in Wine. Still, I look to the future. They won't be running those games forever, and I'm getting my eldest interested in Ubuntu.
    Last edited by peyre; July 11th, 2011 at 03:44 AM.

  2. #1862
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Crakatinny, nea
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by peyre View Post
    I second that!

    I wish I could say I've switched my family over to Ubuntu, but I can't. I've switched over myself, on both my main computer and my laptop. But my wife uses some specific Windows apps (like Photoshop Elements)
    My wife has never known anything but linux & kde, so that was working.

    Until a neighbour showed her how simple and intuitive it is to find files using Win7.

    And I have to agree, the WIn7's explorer search function puts anything we have on linux to shame. (NB first fanboi to tell me about the wonders of "find" will get a clip around the ears).

    Anyway, she wants Win7 so another user lost <sigh>

    Cheers
    The GuiGuy
    Free is only good when it works.

  3. #1863
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    729

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    I personally use catfish with Thunar ....

    But if she needs to use Win7 because she doesn't know where her files are .... maybe she is just about at the right place.



    *Disclaimer: This statement is not meant to be offensive.
    Regards

    longtom

  4. #1864
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Beans
    18

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    I hate that it doesn't support Synaptics Clickpads out of the box. It is a major drawback and makes laptops unusable when not connected to a usb mouse. Most recent HP laptops come with Clickpads. Also, they should have an easy key-mapper for function keys for sleep, screen brightness and lock.

  5. #1865
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Alsa default output fail, falling back to.

  6. #1866
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorspooky View Post
    Alsa default output fail, falling back to.
    Since I updated from 10.10, the sound worked fine before I started any file updates on Ubuntu Studio. It's been notifying me that it is broken, so it loads the dummy output. I don't think it stops at Ubuntu, though-I've experienced it with Debian 6.0.

  7. #1867
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA USA
    Beans
    7,257
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by longtom View Post
    But if she needs to use Win7 because she doesn't know where her files are .... maybe she is just about at the right place.
    I was thinking the same thing. If you need to switch OS's to find your files...... Does she have 40 million files and 20,000 folders?

    I don't hate anything in ubuntu. I'm not a hater.

  8. #1868
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    2

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by doctorspooky View Post
    Since I updated from 10.10, the sound worked fine before I started any file updates on Ubuntu Studio. It's been notifying me that it is broken, so it loads the dummy output. I don't think it stops at Ubuntu, though-I've experienced it with Debian 6.0.
    Well, I think I found what my problem is: The audio related Block Device files are missing.

  9. #1869
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    0

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    I hate it when my mouse gets stuck and then I have to press esc to reactivate it. And it happens all the time.

  10. #1870
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Beans
    40

    Re: Things that you hate in Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by GuiGuy View Post
    My wife has never known anything but linux & kde, so that was working.

    Until a neighbour showed her how simple and intuitive it is to find files using Win7.

    And I have to agree, the WIn7's explorer search function puts anything we have on linux to shame. (NB first fanboi to tell me about the wonders of "find" will get a clip around the ears).

    Anyway, she wants Win7 so another user lost <sigh>

    Cheers
    Have you tried unity? it can find a file or folder the same way win7 does from the start menu. Its takes a little while to get used to but it works great in my opinion.
    Last edited by rickytikki; July 21st, 2011 at 10:40 PM. Reason: mispelled word
    'Dont Steal the Government Hates Competition' !!Ron Paul 2012!!

Page 187 of 344 FirstFirst ... 87137177185186187188189197237287 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •