Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What do you think about this laptop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: What do you think about this laptop

Everyone's dis'n ATI. I have never had a problem with ATI, but I have had problems with nVidia. I think it depends on your system.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    Everyone's dis'n ATI. I have never had a problem with ATI, but I have had problems with nVidia. I think it depends on your system.
    Well, from my experience, fglrx drivers require a bit of tinkering in linux. My ubuntu installation is 2 years old (i do upgrade to the latest versions), fglrx installation might be easier in the new installations but it did take me a while to get it working on my machine.

I'm not a gamer, i couldnt comment on its performance, but once working, it's all good.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I don't like linux, i'm about to enter college and study computation and windows in my opinion make people lazy. I tottaly deleted my XP from my laptop and change to linux. If i need something to work... i make it work >_< if i can't, i dont use it XD, so far all works.

I have to be honest with you guys, I love HP just because they look SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO beautiful, i mean, come on look and that dv2840se and look any toshiba or IBM. I know i know, i shouldn't live because i said that xD, but it giving me a hard time how that laptops looks. I'm not that much of a gaming person put i do earn fast graphics, and fast cpus, and so far it's kind of a pain in the *** the b43-fwcutter. I also would like to try some time wep/wpa hacking sometime in the future, so far i don't need it but i'm curious to know.

So far i don't like about that laptop, the wireless, the cpu (core 2 duo ) and i think that nvidia card sucks, i don't know that much about laptops graphic cards, but i can't find detailed information about that laptop anywhere >_<

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot for the feedback

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

/bump

I'm changing my mind, i think I'm gonna go full linux copatibility, hopping a gaming laptop.
    - In a world without walls and fences... who needs Windows and Gates? -
    - In the box it said "Require Windows VISTA or better... so I installed Linux -
    - Software is like sex... it's better when it's free -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234