Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: compiz and stuff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: compiz and stuff

Do you have the rotate cube setting checked? It's two rows down and one column to the left of the desktop cube button. Also, when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Down, keep holding Ctrl+Alt and you can hit left or right to switch desktops. Once you have rotate cube enable you can middle click and hold on the desktop and move the mouse around to rotate the cube. I recommend you play with the scale effects as well. I have it set up to show all active windows when I move my mouse the the bottom left corner of the screen. I've also been playing with the animation effects lately. You can make it do some cool effects when you do things like close or minimize windows (mine go up in flames when I close them).
    I would rather die of thirst than drink from the cup of mediocrity.

Get better forum search results!

Beans

middle click? you mean the scroll wheel on my mouse? I push that while holding ctrl-alt after pressing ctrl-alt-down and nothing happens.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Watchtow3r View Post
    middle click? you mean the scroll wheel on my mouse? I push that while holding ctrl-alt after pressing ctrl-alt-down and nothing happens.
    Yes I mean the scroll wheel but I guess I need to format my paragraphs better. Forget the ctrl+alt part for a second. When you're looking at your normal desktop click and hold the mousewheel on the desktop and then move your mouse around. If you have rotate cube enabled you should be able to rotate it by doing this.
    I would rather die of thirst than drink from the cup of mediocrity.

Get better forum search results!

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

You Guys are aware that to rotate cube by default the shortcut key is ctrl+alt+Left/Right...?

Down unfolds the cube by default. Why don't you all have a look here? You just need some instructions on the compiz settings manager i suspect.

http://compiz.org/Documentation/Documentation
    Macbook Pro C2D
    Ubuntu 8.04

Beans

Oh ok cool but a few questions:
    How do I get desktops on the top and bottom of the cube, and not just the middle?
    Is there a way to make the cube smaller? In a bunch of videos on youtube the cube is a lot smaller.
    Is there a way to control the cube with the keyboard? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

To change the size of the cube: System > Preferences > Advanced Desktop Effects Settings/ tick rotate cube then click rotate cube,just play with zoom to change the size. Tick cube caps and if you want to have a diff. wallpaper on your cube caps then right click on cube caps then you can install your downloaded wallpaper from there. Hope this helps.

Beans

aww so you can't use the top and bottom of the cube as desktops? Too bad...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

As far as I know you can't. I think that's why they called it cube caps but you can change the number of desktop as many as you like, by increasing the number of desktop but it's not going to be the famous compiz cube anymore he he he!

Beans

I have problems when effects are set on Custom... I can't see title bar of the windows when they are minimized, and I can't move them. So, anyone to help?

Beans

I think I had that same problem. It was just a temporary thing caused by me selecting the "extra" bullet in the Visual Effects tab in Appearances while running the Advanced desktop effects. I just moved the icons by right-clicking on their links and selecting "move".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast