Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: Hardy on Motion Computing M1300

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: Hardy on Motion Computing M1300

Here is the xorg.conf.txt file properly formatted...
    Please reply if there are problems..
    BTW, I am using the Motion M1300 and hve gotten mine to work great!
    Haven't tried the screen roation yet, but so far, so good!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Ok, I figured the battery thing out.

1 You have to download the battery.sh script attached here, and put it in a folder where it will need to stay. I used a folder named "scripts" in my home folder.

2 Open the terminal and type
    Code:
    sudo visudo
    A text-based text editor will appear with the sudoers file. To make a long explanation short, you need to paste to the END (position is important) of the file the following line
    Code:
    jerry ALL=NOPASSWD: /home/jerry/scripts/
    (but substituting "jerry" for your username and the path to the path where you're going to put the script.
    Then press "Ctrl + X", followed by "y", and followed by "Enter" to save the changes.

3 Click on the menu System>Preferences>Sessions, and click on the "Add" button. In the "Name" field put whatever you want, and in the "Command" field paste this
    Code:
    sudo /home/jerry/scripts/battery.sh
    Substituting the path to the path of your script.

And that should be it. Finally the battery will be correctly measured.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by priegog; January 20th, 2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Changed a typo in a command which made it not to work

Beans

anyone else having issues getting the audio to work under 8.10?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

No, not really... what kind of problems?

Beans

Hi priegog!

First I'd like to thank you for this wonderful how-to! I wanted a slate with linux on it and this how-to strongly influenced my purchasing decision.

I have Linux installed under Wubi right now and every thing works great except for screen rotation. I followed the instructions and the Protrait script works fine. Unfortunately when I click the button I set up for the Landscape script, the screen goes blank and when it clears I have to login again. (though it is landscape!)

I would be thankful for any advice you have?

By the way the instructions to add the on-screen keyboard to the login screen in this post worked perfectly for me.

Thanks again for this awesome How-To!

Jonathan

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Huh... No idea, my scripts work just great. My best guess is that it has something to do with wubi... but I don't really know how that works so I can't say. But a suggestion I can make is to enable the proposed updates (and probably backports too) in software sources. That way you'll have the absolute latest. In any case, Jaunty is coming and I guess it'd probably fix any bugs that are left with the interaction between xrandr and compiz, which was a cause for problems back in hardy, and probably has something to do with this.
    Id' DEFINITELY suggest you installed a "full version" and at least double-boot, not for this problem, but because ubuntu is really mature and ready for daily use, as oposed to some neat experiment. And if it fixes this issue, all the better.
    Anyways... you're very much welcome. One tip I think I already gave in this thread was to get some TINY USB bluetooth adapter (for it to remain connected at all times) and a bluetooth foldable keyboard.
    Thanks for the tip on the login-time OSK, I'll add it to the main post!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by priegog View Post
    bugs that are left with the interaction between xrandr and compiz, which was a cause for problems back in hardy, and probably has something to do with this.
    Thanks Priegog! I disabled visual effects and now screen rotation works both ways.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Glad it worked out for you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by priegog View Post
    No, not really... what kind of problems?
    no matter what I do, I can't get any sound, form any app, even the test tools. I know the sound card works, as it was running under xp.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Sorry, don't know what's going on. For the last 2 or 3 releases pulseaudio has acted up a lot for a lot of users. There are a couple of threads around in this forum that explain how to properly setup pulseaudio. It's worth a shot.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast