Thread: Help! Microtek ScanMaker3840

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Help! Microtek ScanMaker3840

Hello

I'm a newbie to Ubuntu. I just migrated to Xubuntu hardy a few days ago. I'm experiencing some problems regarding software and hardware, but thanks to this forums I found some workarounds just by peeking on some threads.

This is the only(probably) problem that I have right now. I can't get my scanmaker to work. I did a few things and I think I screwed sane. Before, I can find my scanner by using the sane-find-scanner command, cannot open scanner access to resource is denied is my only problem, But now I can't even find my scanner using this command.

I think what I did is just follow the instructions here
    I just downloaded sane-backends-1.0.15, extract and follow the instructions there. I think it installed sane-backends-1.0.15 and ruined the sane-back-ends that is bundled with my Xubuntu.

Is there anyway to undo these changes? I think I saw the solution to this problem somewhere in this forums regarding the access denied error, but it won't work if sane can't detect my scanner. Please help me! I don't want to reformat the pc just because of this.

Thanks!
    (Pls excuse my English, it's not my native language.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Help! Microtek ScanMaker3840

All you needed was the libsane-sm3840.so.1.0.15 backend driver and not the entire sane 1.0.15 package. Querry Google and search for libsane-sm3840.so.1.0.15.....
    CyberPower Gamer Ultra 7209 | AMD Athlon II X2 240 | 6 GB RAM | 1000GB & 500GB SATA-II HD
    ATI Radeon HD4550 | HP 2430 Printer | Ubuntu 11.04 | Windows 7 | ViewSonic VA703b Monitor

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Help! Microtek ScanMaker3840

Where should I put libsane-sm3840.so.1.0.15?